mtbr member
    Oct 2005

06 stumpjumper pro with fox 36 fork?

Thinking of getting an 06 stumpjumper pro. My riding style is agressive xc so want all the benefits of a light bike but also want to be able to descend fast over rough terrain.
    Was thinking that a way to acheive this could be by putting a Fox 36 fork on a new 06 stumpjumper pro. Anyone else out there tried this ?

mechmann_mtb
    might void the warrantee with too much travel in the front. check with your LBS.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Jan 2004
    i personally think that is a real bad idea...no offense. The headtube area of the bike, among other things, are not intended for the angle/force that will be put on that area from such a tall fork nor is the bike built to take the abuse typically found with riders running a fork like the 36. Sounds like if you want to stay Specialized you should definitely not be riding a Stumpjumper but rather an Enduro for sure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i personally think that is a real bad idea...no offense. The headtube area of the bike, among other things, are not intended for the angle/force that will be put on that area from such a tall fork nor is the bike built to take the abuse typically found with riders running a fork like the 36. Sounds like if you want to stay Specialized you should definitely not be riding a Stumpjumper but rather an Enduro for sure.

Its just too much fo a fork for that bike, imho. The 36 is an enduro/freeride fork, whereas the stumpy fsr is a long travel cross country, I wouldn't call it an all mountain bike, at least not with the current standards of all mountain. Stick with a Float RLC, TALAS RLC or Vanilla RLC.

mtbr member
    I think it's not a bad idea put a 36 if you want a stiffer fork. But running it over 130mm will void your warranty. The 36 is also heavy.

New RockShox forks are stiffer than 32mm Fox Forx, I'd suggest you tho check out the new Revelation U-turn.