mtbr member

06' Stumpjumper FSR Expert / Pro

Hey guys, looking into getting an 06' Stumpy FSR Pro or Expert (depends on the funds)

Whats everyone's opinions on them? Owner out there, how do they hold up, etc?

I'm a freeride guy looking to go xc / trail / commute / fun bike. I'm not going to be dropping, and doing crazy **** on it.

Anyway, I got an offer to trade my 04' Demo 9 Pro for a brand new 06' Stumpy FSR Expert or a Pro with some cash.

Whatta you guys think?

I like the parts, the specs, the components, and the ride of it.. I just want to make sure it's the bike for me.

I'd appreciate any comments.

If it helps... I'm 5' 10" tall, weigh 185lbs (i'm muscular), and am very fit. I kept up with XC guys on my D9 the last time I rode trails.

Thanks.

-Matt
    Rigs:
    Specialized Rockhopper HT
    Trek 6500 HT
    Trek 3700 Disc HT (The son's)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHit-Maniac
    Hey guys, looking into getting an 06' Stumpy FSR Pro or Expert (depends on the funds)

Whats everyone's opinions on them? Owner out there, how do they hold up, etc?

I'm a freeride guy looking to go xc / trail / commute / fun bike. I'm not going to be dropping, and doing crazy **** on it.

Anyway, I got an offer to trade my 04' Demo 9 Pro for a brand new 06' Stumpy FSR Expert or a Pro with some cash.

Whatta you guys think?

I like the parts, the specs, the components, and the ride of it.. I just want to make sure it's the bike for me.

I'd appreciate any comments.

If it helps... I'm 5' 10" tall, weigh 185lbs (i'm muscular), and am very fit. I kept up with XC guys on my D9 the last time I rode trails.

Thanks.

-Matt
    Probably, but, you are coming from a Demo 9...
    You should test ride an Enduro too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fsrxc
    Probably, but, you are coming from a Demo 9...
    You should test ride an Enduro too.

Yes, that's definitely true.

The biggest problem with it all, is my location: KANSAS.

There *IS* riding here, and actually some exceptional riding just east of here...

I actually used to own an Enduro... my problem with the current ones is PRICE. There's no way on earth I could afford a new one at this point. I just took on a car payment, and now I need winter wheels & tires for my car here pretty soon. This particular deal would be a direct TRADE for my current bike. Which's definitely pretty cool.

Anyway, all comments are welcome. I'd really like to hear everyone's thoughts.

-Matt
    Rigs:
    Specialized Rockhopper HT
    Trek 6500 HT
    Trek 3700 Disc HT (The son's)