Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

New question here. 06 s-works enduro

Into the last moments of ordering a frame, people say the problem of hitting your crankarms on rocks still? can you think of any negatives about it? My donor bike will be the 575, I'm under the impression that for going down it will be great, I used to have a gemini but wont go back to that bike since the problems I had. But I do remember the fun of the DH more than the ups. One UK mag Dirt had hgh speed results on the DH when testing 'all mountain bikes'

mechmann_mtb

i think your question is about BB height?...

the bottom bracket height on my 05 Enduro Expert is adjustable (interchangeable upper shock mount) and i would think that it is still like that on the 06 with the DHX. i don't think the higher BB would give me much advantage, and i think the lower CG probably helps a little in high speed turns so i run the lower BB.

i have never hit my crank arms on any rocks, i have smacked the pedals a few times but that would happen on any bike i am sure.

enjoy the new ride!

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

Good

I am awaiting a reply for an e-mail to confirm that i have asked for an 05 sale silver s-works, was thinking about the 06 but can't get round the brown color.

mechmann_mtb
    yeah i bought the Expert because i really wanted the blue frame. silly huh?

Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004
    When I have been riding in Arizona and on the east coast, I was smacking my pedals and cranks on rocks all the time. I love the way the Enduro rides, but to have such a low BB on a 6" travel bike is just silly. Now that I'm out in OR, the trails aren't nearly as rocky and it's not a problem unless I'm cresting an abrupt hill, and then it's pretty easy to whack the cranks again.
    Sean Chaney :: Owner/Builder :: Vertigo Cycles LLC
    flickr :: www.vertigocycles.com

mechmann_mtb
    IME it is all about having some awareness of where your pedals are. i might take that for granted since i learned how to MTB on a 92 Haro Extreme with pedals that were only maybe 4 or 5" off the ground at the bottom of the stroke. riding technical rocky sections with that bike was a REAL challenge!

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

4 days

Bikes coming in 4 days time....