Central High 269!!!

06' Rockhopper Comp disc- agressive xc?

I recently ordered the 06' Rockhopper comp disc from my lbs to test-ride in a week. I was wondering if this bike could be used for agressive xc including rocks, roots, etc. Or is this a smooth trail rig?
    I like to ride single and double track within a city park in Philadelphia, PA known as the Wissahickon. This place is popular for its technical terrain including rocks, roots and mud.

Is this bike right for these conditions or should I look elsewhere?

P.S. I can't afford a quality full-susser so please do not suggest it.

Thanks in advance!
    Yo, I have an account on Squidoo...Check Me Out!

mtbr member
    This is certainly an off-road capable bike, if that's what you mean. It can handle most trails out there if you can. As for "aggressive" riding, if you mean big jumps and drops, that's not what this thing is designed for, but anything that fits within the "XC" label (most single- and double-track) should be fine.

Looking forward, if you decide to upgrade stuff at a later date, I'd guess the most likely candidates would be the wheels and the crankset, as places wher you might notice the biggest difference. Or possibly the fork, depending on your riding style. But for now, enjoy!

Central High 269!!!
    Thanks for the response. I was searching the product reviews for this bike and some say that they don not think this bike would be strong enough for agressive xc ( a lot of rocks, roots, mud, log jumps, etc.). But, I guess they're wrong.
    Yo, I have an account on Squidoo...Check Me Out!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Great bike

I bought this bike last week at my LBS, and took it out for a little riding on Saturday and Sunday. This bike did great. I am 250lbs and this bike held up just fine, from the rims to the fork..though I would replace the seat when you get a chance...ouch. Also you will probably want to switch out the platform for some clipless but other than that this bike is ready to roll. I live in Virginia so we have lots of rocks and roots out here, and it handled it well, along with the typical steps, logs ect. The lockout is great for the hard climbs. Give it a shot, I love the bike!