mtbr member
    Oct 2005

06 M5 Epic weight?

Whats the lightest anyone has taken a 06 M5 epic bike down to?

I'm looking at getting an XL Epic Rim and then building it up with old light stuff.
    Thats all I can afford and Spec. don't seem to have the M5 frame available. this year

Any one weight a stripped down 06 M5 epic yet?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Go here.

http://www.weightweenies.starbike.com/

Replace the weights of the stock components with those of your own parts. I knocked a pound off my fantasy Epic this morning just with wheels and seatpost.

mtbr member

06 Epic Wieght

Just took delivery of my '06 Epic Disc. Weight is 28.5lbs for an XL frame.

mtbr member

epic

I have an 05 S-Works epic (xl) that I built to last and ride hard. Without paying too much attention to weight, mine weighs in at 23.6 lbs.
    I am sure I could get it down a little but I race with the big boys so I went with stuff that should last.

FPC
    mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxer
    I have an 05 S-Works epic (xl) that I built to last and ride hard. Without paying too much attention to weight, mine weighs in at 23.6 lbs.
    I am sure I could get it down a little but I race with the big boys so I went with stuff that should last.
    That's an impressive weight for not trying especially given running an F100X - I'm curious what the rest of your parts spec is - Thanks

mtbr member

Epic Weight

Boxer,

That is an impressive wieght. I would like to see your parts list.

URN2ND
    My 2005 Epic S-works is stock except for a King headset weighs in at 25.5 pounds.
    So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

EPIC Comp 28 lbs.

I just weighed my '06 EPIC Comp DIsc at about 28 lbs.

-Eric

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    all the 06 are m5. you can get an sworks m5 also. you can probably still get an o5 sworks from your lbs. if your worried about weight get something else. the brain fades make for a heavy ass end, but a great platform

URN2ND
    Wow I'm amazed by the 06 weight specs. For 7000+ and carbon I'd expect better results.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rentschl
    I just weighed my '06 EPIC Comp DIsc at about 28 lbs.

-Eric

Is yours the Disc or the Comp? Geez, these names are stupid. The Comp demo bike at our local shop was right at 28 lbs. as well.

In the Cannondale forum folks are starting to talk about the weight of the Rush. One guy says 29 lbs. for his middle of the range version.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 12mtb
    Wow I'm amazed by the 06 weight specs. For 7000+ and carbon I'd expect better results.
    carbon isnt much lighter. they can manipulate it for a better ride quality. its just what is hot right now.

URN2ND
    I wouldn't buy carbon for any weight savings if there was really any, I'd buy it for the ride. My old Trek carbon Y-bikes absorbed all the vibrations and made for a smooth "dead" feeling ride. Can't beat it's strength to weight ratio either and it's killer designs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantB
    Is yours the Disc or the Comp? Geez, these names are stupid. The Comp demo bike at our local shop was right at 28 lbs. as well.

In the Cannondale forum folks are starting to talk about the weight of the Rush. One guy says 29 lbs. for his middle of the range version.
    On the specialized website mine would be the EPIC Comp. For some reason the receipt says EPIC Comp Disc. It is confusing but hopefully that clears it up.

Also, mines a large frame.

-Eric

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rentschl
    On the specialized website mine would be the EPIC Comp. For some reason the receipt says EPIC Comp Disc. It is confusing but hopefully that clears it up.

Also, mines a large frame.

-Eric
    the rush is no epic. enough said