Thread: '06 FSR 120's??

MCF
    mtbr member

'06 FSR 120's??

A local dealer told me that the '06 FSR's will be released in the next month or so...is this true? Any information available on the '06 FSR 120's?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I am wondering the same thing. Looking to get a FSR 120 but scared of the new models coming out a week after I buy mine.

Is Specialized's website outdated or something? When I check specs on the FSR 120, it mentions a fork that I dont see on Fox's website as being a 05'.

When buying a Specialized bike, if you call up your LBS and order one, does it come with standard components, or do you tell them what you want on it and they order it that way?

MCF
    mtbr member

You get what comes on it....

that is why the offer different models of the same frame (Expert / Pro). IF you want it custom, you have to get the S-works frame and build it up yourself....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amc5

Is Specialized's website outdated or something? When I check specs on the FSR 120, it mentions a fork that I dont see on Fox's website as being a 05'.
    Alot of big bike co's have fork manufactures adjust (remove) certain features in order to bring the pricepoint of their bikes down. Specd does this alot w/their lo to mid range bikes. The Black Elite you get on your Specd Elite is not the same Black Elite you get directly from Manitou. In short the gen public doent get to pick and choose features, big bike co's do.

wayne
    89 Univega HT -???-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -stolen-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    94 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    97 Klien Mantra -sold-
    01 Specd enduro FSR
    02 Specd enduro FSR -sold-
    04 Specd stumpjumper FSR
    05 Specd enduro FSR Sworks

Two wheels are best
    The '06 models that aren't going to change much MAY be out in July-August. I wouldn't expect any NEW designs to be out until October-November.
    Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember amateurs built the Ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.

Emu's Taste Like Chicken
    Jan 2004
    Anyone know what the price is for a S-works 120 frame? My LBS said they can't get one (not an sworks dealer). I like the frame/company, but don't want some of the components on the Pro model.

Thanks,
    Dave

MCF
    mtbr member

$1500 + tax...

is what I was quoted...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    specialized releases some of their models early(already out) but doesn't bring out the full 2006 bike line until around october. As far as I know, your not going to see any major changes in the the fsr's.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Custom build.

Most good bike shops will allow you to custom build any frame. They simply credit you for the parts they take off and charge you for the parts they special order.

When all's said and done they generally make a bigger sale by doing this and you save $$$ vs. buying a frame and paying retail for the parts.
    Last edited by BobbyG; 07-29-2005 at 06:40 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    The Mt. Bike Action write-up mentioned that the 2006 S-Works FSR 120 has a .5 degree slacker head tube angle and slightly higher bottom bracket. Seems logical that these tweaks probably were applied to the Pro/Expert level frames as well, but if not it might be worth trying to find a deal on a 2005 later this year, if there are any left.

I'm very happy with my 2005 120, although the adjustable brain shock is intriguing. The Septune shock works pretty well, but I miss having a lockout. It is interesting that the Septune seems to have been phased out after only 1 year. From what I understand, bikes without the brain will have a Triad shock.

RE the choice between buying a Pro complete bike or an S-Works frame, I would think seriously about buying the complete Pro bike and swapping whatever parts you don't like onto your old bike before selling it. (This of course assumes that you have a current bike you want to sell.)

Twice now I have put a serious dent in the cost of upgrading to newer bike by doing this. It means a lot to people considering a used bike if it has brand new parts, especially stuff like wheels and derailleurs. Unless you are loaded with cash, it seems way more cost effective to buy a complete bike, even if you wind up swapping out some parts.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

'06 Fsr 120 Triad !

Goodbye Septune, hello Triad. 2006 Specialized dealer book came into our shop the other day, only had a few minutes to look through before the boss took to his office...Stumpy 120 Pro (blk) has Sram XO shifter/der with Shimano XT hydro brakes, and the Comp (silver) has Shimano shifters/der with Avid ( Sram ) Juicy brakes, funny. New hardtail M4 frame, fewer models. No Stump FSR 100's anymore. Didn't really look at Enduros or Demos ( looked mostly the same to me ) and there were no prices. Hope to get another peek soon...
    that rug really tied the room together.

MCF
    mtbr member

Cool, but is there...

Still going to be an Expert Level or is it just S-Works, Pro and Comp now? Any price ranges?

Two wheels are best
    Quote Originally Posted by GRFSR
    Goodbye Septune, hello Triad. 2006 Specialized dealer book came into our shop the other day, only had a few minutes to look through before the boss took to his office...Stumpy 120 Pro (blk) has Sram XO shifter/der with Shimano XT hydro brakes, and the Comp (silver) has Shimano shifters/der with Avid ( Sram ) Juicy brakes, funny. New hardtail M4 frame, fewer models. No Stump FSR 100's anymore. Didn't really look at Enduros or Demos ( looked mostly the same to me ) and there were no prices. Hope to get another peek soon...
    If I may make a request...I'm wondering about the women's specific FSR's. You said no 100 FSR...not even one for the ladies?

MCF
    mtbr member

XT over AVID!?!?

Wish they wouldn't have changed the Avid Juicy 7's to XT's....seems odd since they are going with SRAM....my current bike is full Shimano (except the Avid juicy 7's), but my next bike will be 100% SRAM...because Shimano S...nevermind...

Two wheels are best
    Quote Originally Posted by MCF
    Wish they wouldn't have changed the Avid Juicy 7's to XT's....seems odd since they are going with SRAM....my current bike is full Shimano (except the Avid juicy 7's), but my next bike will be 100% SRAM...because Shimano S...nevermind...
    Are you talking about the Pro? If so, it had XT Hydros in '05, too. The Expert 120 came with the Juicy's (7)...which it what GRFSR stated that the Comp bikes will have.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

pretty sure....

that all the Stumpys were 120. oh, and its early so I typed Comp when I should have typed "Expert", duhh. I need to wake up, think I'll go ride, then swing by the shop later and try to learn some more for y'all.

Two wheels are best
    Quote Originally Posted by GRFSR
    that all the Stumpys were 120. oh, and its early so I typed Comp when I should have typed "Expert", duhh. I need to wake up, think I'll go ride, then swing by the shop later and try to learn some more for y'all.
    Sounds like a nice plan...have FUN!

mtbr member
    I'd love to know what the '06 FSR line up is going to be, and any estimated MSRP's if you guys know.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member

lifetime on carbon?

Anyone know if there will be the lifetime warranty on the 120 carbon? Is the carbon only on the s-works or will the pro have it too?
    That may be worth the cost. I may be trying to justify the cost to myself.
    I need a better job to pay for my MTB habit.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

more '06 details..

lets see...all Stumpy's are 120 mm M4 alloy disc only , base FSR ( drk red or grey ) & W's (orange) are Avid mechanical, with Fox Float 120 fork. The Comp (blue) gets the same spec, but with Juicy 5's and XTR Rr Der. Expert mens ( flat silver or green) / womens( shiny silver) get TALAS RL fork, Juicy 7, XT cranks and LX shifters. The Pro ( blk ano ) gets remote brain with new "fade" adjustment, TALAS RLC, XT F der, SRAM XO shifters & Rr der. , XT hydro brakes, 717 rims Thompson layback post. SWEET. Enduro's all use the newer frame, duhh. Base model & Elite 5.5" rear, Expert & Pro 6" Base gets Zokes All Mtn SL fork and Hayes Sole hydros...Elite bumps to FLOAT 130 and Juicy 5, the Expert get FOX 36R TALAS (110-150 mm travel ) and Juicy 7 brakes. Enduro Pro gets 36RC TALAS and XT brakes. New lighter EPIC frame, 100 mm rear travel, Pro gets XM819 Mavic tubeless rims, carbon flat bar, carbon rear shock link, SRAM XO...hot bike. Again , sorry ,still no prices.

Two wheels are best
    It sounds like they didn't change much on the SJ 120's...colors and the SRAM parts on the Pro.

MCF
    mtbr member

Why did they...

have to put the 'Brain' on the Pro? The RP3 will be a perfect fit and I know a lot of people have not been fans of the 'Brain'....why can't Specialized just use the same rear shocks as everyone else!?

Two wheels are best
    The Brain got good reviews on the Enduro Expert(?) two years ago. I don't know that I'd want it one my SJ 120 but, it might turn out to be a great bike!