mtbr member
    Dec 2005

06 fox brain fade vs 07 spec AFR?

Is there a significant difference in performance between the two? I have an 07 stumpy pro with the AFR and love it. I have an in on a carbon 06 that I may get. I have always wanted to ride carbon, but I dont want to go backwards in shock performance. Would it even be worth it or possible to swap shocks to gain the performance back?

JMC
    Last edited by JMCCRNA; 12-19-2009 at 03:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCCRNA
    Is there a significant difference in performance between the two? I have an 07 stumpy pro with the AFR and love it. I have an in on a carbon 06 that I may get. I have always wanted to ride carbon, but I dont want to go backwards in shock performance. Would it even be worth it or possible to swap shocks to gain the performance back?

JMC
    I also have an 07 stumpy in expert build , the bike came with the fox brain set up ,
    I had to play around alot with the valving and blow off to get the fox to work well for me.

I also got the AFR for the bike , and I prefer it over the stock fox ----------------,once I got the fox valved and working well , I can use either and have no problems .

It will all be up to what you want .

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for the input, I will keep the other frame around till I ride the fox shock. Its good to know they are interchangeable.

JMC