mtbr member
    Aug 2004

06 Epic Rim Suspension question

Just got my 06 Epic Rim . After I added air to the fork and rear fox suspension oil was present at the valve on both . Is this normal ? Whats the deal with the front shock (Fox RL 100) It seems to be a 2002 model ? Also I am 180lbs , what PSI are other people in my weight range using in there shocks . Thanks , Rich....

K n e e m o i
    Quote Originally Posted by rfiglia
    Just got my 06 Epic Rim . After I added air to the fork and rear fox suspension oil was present at the valve on both . Is this normal ? Whats the deal with the front shock (Fox RL 100) It seems to be a 2002 model ? Also I am 180lbs , what PSI are other people in my weight range using in there shocks . Thanks , Rich....
    Sounds like you were messing with the air pressure when the bike was upside down, or was upside down for a while.

You may want to take it in to have LBS pour some oil back in. Nothing sucks than a fork that lacks oil.

And no, F100RL fork is not 2002. It is an OEM version. F100RLT has both OEM (bossless) and Aftermarket (boss) versions. F100RL only comes as OEM. But personally I prefer the RLT, as it has the blowoff threshold. Once you have the blowoff threshold, you never go back.
    "Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I never put the bike upside down . The Fox owners manual that came with the bike says 2002 . Seems shady .....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rfiglia
    ... The Fox owners manual that came with the bike says 2002 . Seems shady .....
    That, at least, does sound shady. Does the fork match the graphics/color/appearance of the retail F100RLT, visible on the Fox site? (you won't see pictures of the F100RL there since it is not retail, but generally speaking they should look the same). I recently got an '06 Epic Rim too, and it came with 4 manuals: the standard Specialized bike manual, an Epic-specific manual dated 2006, and two Fox manuals, one for the fork and one for the shock, each clearly labeled 2006 on the covers.

It may just be a mistake. In any case, you can download the same Fox manuals I have from here, in pdf.