mtbr member

'06 Epic Brain Fade rebound question

Specialized had a nice and accurate air pressure/rebound setting chart for the '04-'05 Brain IQ shocks. For '06, they only have the air pressure recommendations. Anyone have a clue on the "ball park" rebound settings. I weigh 170 and am running 120 psi and 12 (out of 20) clicks from closed for rebound. This feels ok but I thought I would ask.

bang
    Quote Originally Posted by EPICYZ
    Specialized had a nice and accurate air pressure/rebound setting chart for the '04-'05 Brain IQ shocks. For '06, they only have the air pressure recommendations. Anyone have a clue on the "ball park" rebound settings. I weigh 170 and am running 120 psi and 12 (out of 20) clicks from closed for rebound. This feels ok but I thought I would ask.
    trail and error! start with the fastest rebound setting, and ride off a curb. then set the rebound to the slowest setting, and ride off again. this will give you an idea of what the extremes feel like. after that it's just trail and error. you want the rebound set fast enough so that it won't pack up after repeated hits but slow enough that it won't buck, oscillate or otherwise kick back.

that's just the way it is, you gotta play with it!

mtbr member

Spoiled

That's the hard way! They spoiled us in '04-'05 with the chart. By the way, be warned if you just bought your Epic. Mine came with rebound set at full fast. Check yours before riding.

bang
    Quote Originally Posted by EPICYZ
    That's the hard way! They spoiled us in '04-'05 with the chart. By the way, be warned if you just bought your Epic. Mine came with rebound set at full fast. Check yours before riding.
    lol, you are confusing "hard" with "fun" i think

Get Down Do you
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude
    lol, you are confusing "hard" with "fun" i think

Amen to that!
    Progression is fine just remember to respect your roots.

[SIZE="3"] Click to see my Orange Ano Blur LT[/SIZE]