Thread: '06 Epic

Mtc
    mtbr member

'06 Epic

I'm about to sell my current Epic and have been thinking I was going to get a '06 SJ Pro. However today I built a '06 Epic and I think I'm back on the Epic. The re-engineered rear end, new front triangle, and the Brain fade seemed very sweet. The base model V-brake bike with pedals weighed in at 27.5 pounds for the XL frame.

K n e e m o i
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtc
    I'm about to sell my current Epic and have been thinking I was going to get a '06 SJ Pro. However today I built a '06 Epic and I think I'm back on the Epic. The re-engineered rear end, new front triangle, and the Brain fade seemed very sweet. The base model V-brake bike with pedals weighed in at 27.5 pounds for the XL frame.
    Since you have the S-Works epic now, why don't you go the whole yard and buy the S-Works carbon? I really doubt that the 06 epic is going to be noticeably different from your current S-Works, other than the new shock. Yes they have the new rear triangle, new shock, ORE DT and TT and M5, but I think your current S-Works is going to be lighter and better than the 06, unless you go for the S-Works.

I doubt you are going to notice a difference in the new rear triangle.

Mtc
    mtbr member

It all about the money.

Welp I work at a bike shop and get an extra discount on top of Employee purchase. If I don't use this discount its like leaving $1000 on the table, and as little as I get paid I have to use every program they offer. This leaves me thinking I can sell my Epic purchase the Marathon(couple part swaps) take whats left and buy a custom Ti 29er(my other bike love) and put my current Karate Monkey build on that.
    My name is James and I'm a bike whore.

K n e e m o i

Aren't we all?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

God help us all.

I have an insatiable lust for the new Epic. 27.5 lbs. for the XL? Give me a medium and the light wheelset I already have and I am gone to the races. If I buy one of these things, it's going to be a fire sale in my house with frames and parts hitting ebay at the speed of light.

Somebody ride the thing and give us an honest appraisal.

just ride
    Welp I work at a bike shop and get an extra discount on top of Employee purchase. If I don't use this discount its like leaving $1000 on the table, and as little as I get paid I have to use every program they offer. This leaves me thinking I can sell my Epic purchase the Marathon(couple part swaps) take whats left and buy a custom Ti 29er(my other bike love) and put my current Karate Monkey build on that.
    I am wondering how you are going to recieve one of the carbon s-work bikes, I to work shop, one of the top 50 dealers in the USA I might add. The s-works program requires that they have 25 in stock at the factory before the fill any employee purchase or grass roots team sponsorship. If you know a way around that I would love to know.

PS. Not cool to tell people about purchasing bikes via prodeal, that is a benefit shop employee's enjoy and should not be flaunted in front of the general public.

Mtc
    mtbr member
    The deal I speak of is my shops program not the bike company and I didn't go into detail. I think the general public would feel better about employee programs if they saw shop employee yearly incomes. The $$ i save doesn't compare to my high tech salary and benefits, but I don't contemplate shooting myself in the head anymore
    The only way around it is to purchase the bike at cost. Even that is a shot as you should have ordered by now. My shop ordered 10 carbon bikes and we hope to get half of that.