mtbr member
    Oct 2005

06 enduro expert suspension settings?

have just got 06 expert,has a fox36r front end and a dhx5 fox air rear,.have set up sag as per manual that came with it.i weight about 78kg/ 172pounds but it seems a bit soft at what they recommend.has any one out there got any settings i could try?mainly used for cross country riding but still want to drop off up to1.5 m drops.

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

Brochure

Theres a setting guide in the specialized brochure, unfortunately, I'm at work so don't have it at hand.

mechmann_mtb
    with a 6" travel bike the ideal suspension setup will feel a bit soft. you want to be able to use the travel. if you go out and ride and you only use 3" of travel, why carry the extra weight to get 6"? (don't take that as rude, just trying to make a point)

set it as recommended (25-30%sag), then reset your rubber ring on the rear shock and put a zip tie on the fork. go out and ride a regular ride. if you don't use more than 75% of your travel, your suspension is IMO too stiff.

yes having a soft suspension will suck some energy from your pedaling, but i for one want my suspension to work for me on the way DOWN, the ups are just earning the right to go down.

mtbr member
    Go with whatever pressure you need to run around 25% sag. I went through the same thing w/ my 06 Enduro as the base numbers in my manual were way off.

"Its All Good"
    Forrest8, you need to take into account that with 6 inches of travel, it will never be solid, you need some movement to kick butt on the way down the hill, Meccmann makes a very good point.

Go hard on that bike you
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I weigh 160 with my gear on etc. I am running 140-150psi in the DHX air (bottom out all the way in) on my S-Works Enduro and about 40psi or so in the 36 RC2 fork. I like a lot of sag for a plush ride, I just pedal nice and round on the climbs to make up for it.