mtbr member

'06 Enduro Elite Pics?

Anyone have an 06 Enduro Elite? Just curious if there's any pics of this one floating around,a side from the ones on the Specialized site. I wanna see that green color in some different light. Looks almost black on Spec's site.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    This is the one at my LBS.

mtbr member
    Thanks man, much appreciated. I thought the Elite's came with a Fox 36 fork?
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    It comes with a Fox Float RL 130mm. Here's mine in the garage, I can get you a better pic tomorrow. The green is much nicer than what's on the specialized website. It looks more like the one pictured above.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    PM55, have you ever weighed yours by any chance? Just curious what the exact weight of the Elite is.
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    I guess the US gets the Fox, here in Europe we get the Pike. Dunno why...

mtbr member
    As she sits right now 33.2 lbs. The only thing I've gone so far are a set of Rogue grips. My plan is to go to the larger rear Fox shock with a Fox 36 RC2 up front and do some lighter wheels.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pm55
    As she sits right now 33.2 lbs. The only thing I've gone so far are a set of Rogue grips. My plan is to go to the larger rear Fox shock with a Fox 36 RC2 up front and do some lighter wheels.
    Larger how--Eye-to-Eye, Stroke, or Both? I didn't know you could do that and still have stuff not hit. Let us know how it goes when you do it.
    Last edited by WaveDude; 11-04-2005 at 12:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WaveDude
    Larger how--Eye-to-Eye, Stroke, or Both? I didn't know you could do that and still have stuff not hit. Let us know how it goes when you do it.
    The rear shock on the Enduro and Enduro Elite is a 8.5"x 2.25" DHX Air 3.0 and 4.0 respectfully. The Pro and Expert get the 8.75"x2.5 DHX Air 5.0 w/ bottom out control, which is what I'm really after. After talking with someone at specialized they said that I can in fact fit the shock and if I change the front fork to the 36 Talas I won't change the geometry. As a note the shock cannot be any Fox DHX, it has to be the one with the fill valve on the side, which is specifically made for the specialized Enduro frame.

mtbr member
    Do you think the Talas and bottom out control are worth the extra for the Expert versus Elite then? I admit, the Talas would be nice, but I know I'd never change the height when riding. I prefer just getting one overall good setting and just going with that for everything. Hmmm....
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    Do you think the Talas and bottom out control are worth the extra for the Expert versus Elite then? I admit, the Talas would be nice, but I know I'd never change the height when riding. I prefer just getting one overall good setting and just going with that for everything. Hmmm....
    I think it depends on your riding style, if you are going to be doing more freeride style mountain biking then yeah it would probably be worth it. I decided to get the elite and try it out, but realized I could use the extra 20mm and bottom out for some of the jumps I do. It will also be cheaper by the time I sell the old fork and shock than if I had just bought the Expert.