Who are the brain police?

05 SXT: What are my shock options?

I'm looking to replace a 5th coil on a 2005 SXT. Does anyone know what my option are?

....I did find some old threads that touched on this, but there weren't that current or conclusive.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

The Other Dude
    If you can find one of the "specialized" DHX's you can use one of those, if not i have seen Cane Creek Double barrels, and the Avalanche shocks on the SXT's, i am sure there are others, but those are the only ones i have seen.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have a double barrel coming in very soon, maybe tomorrow, for my 05 Enduro. I can let you know how I like it when it gets here and I get some time on it, but from what I have been told its going to be second to none.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    You can run the current DHX's out there. From my understanding, the 05 SXT was identical the the regular Enduros in terms of frame. It wasn't until the 06-7 they changed the geos and beefed up the chainstays. I run a 8.75 x 2.75 DHX, but you can have it reduced to a 2.5 stroke to keep the more slack geo. Look up the post by punkassean...pretty good write up and several older SXT owners did the same upgrade.