SamIAm

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! 05 sxt and roco tst compatability issues

ok so i went and ordered a rocotst from my lbs and it came as was the right size and the front mount was fine. but then when i went to mount the rear bolt it did not fit in. the shock mount hole would have been big enough if it didnt have the small pressfit bit in it. why is the rear shock mount hardware bigger on the back. and if i buy something like a vanilla r or dhx4 will i have the same problem. everyone at the lbs was wondering why this would be. and we got no help from marz or spec.

help!
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

05 SxT: totemcoil, dhxair, juicycarbons, LXcranks, X9kit, halo freedomdisc, deity compound pedals

dirt visionary
    Press out the DU bushing and it should be the right size.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

SamIAm
    thats what i thought. but the bike mechanics all thought that was a bad idea and since spec and marz didnt help i didnt want to risk it. the DU bushing keeps the shock frame free from harm because it is supposidly a harder metal than the shock body.

but what do i know.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

05 SxT: totemcoil, dhxair, juicycarbons, LXcranks, X9kit, halo freedomdisc, deity compound pedals

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by SamL3227
    thats what i thought. but the bike mechanics all thought that was a bad idea and since spec and marz didnt help i didnt want to risk it. the DU bushing keeps the shock frame free from harm because it is supposidly a harder metal than the shock body.

but what do i know.
    The rear shock mount uses a bush-less mount system (the thick conical washers). My OEM Fox shock had no rear DU bushing. (double check the specialized site for 05).

P

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Knock out the DU bushing. With the conical washers and the quad bearings in the link at that point, the rear eye on the shock mounts up "hard" to the axle and link. All the rotation takes place with the bearings. If you look at whatever shock you took off--it doesn't have a DU bushing in it either.

SamIAm
    ok, well how hard is it to get the bushing out, and what tool do you use. i tried but had no luck.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by SamL3227
    ok, well how hard is it to get the bushing out, and what tool do you use. i tried but had no luck.
    Vise and two sockets. One socket is bushing size the other bigger. Pressssssssss. and out it goes

P