mtbr member
    May 2005

'05 Stumpjumper FSR Expert

I'm thinking about buying a used 2005 Stumpjumper FSR Expert, and have a few questions (and can't find the answers elsewhere, including on the Specialized website):

1. For the medium frame size, does anyone know the stand-over clearance in inches?
    2, Also, what is the stock weight of the bike?
    3. Any feedback from riders most welcome. I ride an old rigid Stumpjumper now and would like a FS bike. But I'd like to retain the ability to whip my bike around easily and climb quickly as well. I do mostly aggressive XC riding, and am 5'10", 145 lbs. with a 32" inseam.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    1) From the Specialized website, standover height for medium frame is 28.7" (bags of room for a 32" inseam).

2) I don't have the exact weight of that bike but my educated guess (from weighing other Stumpy FSR's and comparing components) maybe 27-28 lbs.

3) Yes, this bike fits the exact type of riding you say you do. The medium frame size should fit like a glove for you too.
    Last edited by GearHead; 06-22-2005 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Iliterate bastard, read "pro" when it clearly states "expert"

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Maybe Large

I'm 5'10" -- 31" inseam and have been riding an '04 Stumpy FSR size LARGE.

I have long arms and like to strecth out a bit. This bike fits great.

Try to find a demo ride somewhere.

just like a speeder-bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum
    I'm thinking about buying a used 2005 Stumpjumper FSR Expert, and have a few questions (and can't find the answers elsewhere, including on the Specialized website):

1. For the medium frame size, does anyone know the stand-over clearance in inches?
    2, Also, what is the stock weight of the bike?
    3. Any feedback from riders most welcome. I ride an old rigid Stumpjumper now and would like a FS bike. But I'd like to retain the ability to whip my bike around easily and climb quickly as well. I do mostly aggressive XC riding, and am 5'10", 145 lbs. with a 32" inseam.

Thanks.
    5'10'', 32'', and my medium pro feels like it was made for me.

I think the 120 expert is 28lbs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

for reference

Hey there. For reference I'm 6' 1" 34 inseam and the large is perfect. The weight is somewhere around 27lbs. The frame only is less than 5.5 lbs. I have a pro frame which I built up with my own parts, not always the lightest. RF Atlas cranks (way stiff), Hope Mono 4's (incredibly controllable power), Fox Talas fork (smooooth). This bike Rocks! Floats! Climbs! Hammers! Switchbacks!