mtbr member
    Oct 2005

05 SJ 120 Linkage by BETD

Hi guys.

Wandering if anyone has gone for the linkage mod for the 05 StumpJumper 120 by BETD. If so,can give us your opinions about it,likes/dislikes,and do you know how much it weighs? it looks quite heavy.

Thanks

EDIT:- Just recieved an e-mail reply from BETD,they say it weighs 225 grams Which is quite a bit more than i expected (my original weighs 96.68 grams).
    Last edited by tonyjl; 08-10-2006 at 12:35 PM.

Weapon of Choice
    Man I was tempted to buy it too but havent heard anyones opinions of it as yet. I hear it weighs about a pound more but cannot confirm it for certain. Anyone have it? Let us know how it rides with 120 Stump FSR.

Weapon of Choice
    Well I took a chance with the BETD linkage and I very happy with it indeed. The higher BB makes the ride alot easier clearing obstacles and the added travel makes the rocky descents alot more plush. Weight is minimal, I cant tell the difference to be honest. Bike still feels balanced to me just better overall ride; very impressed.

mtbr member
    I fitted one to my 04 Enduro, excellent piece of kit.

Pedal Power
    Aug 2006
    Do they have plans to make one for the 07?

Or would the 05 work an 07?

mtbr member
    i noticed the 07's come with a new linkage that has two shock mount positions. the front position would seem to increase the BB height, but i'm not positive on that just a guess from looking at it. also not sure if it would change the travel and other things like wheelbase (pic linked from review thread):

anyone with more knowledge on the subject care to comment?

Pedal Power
    Aug 2006
    I don't think thats another mounting position, but rather just a cross bolt that holds the link together.

mtbr member
    the guy at the LBS (seemed pretty knowledgeable and is a racer) said it was an alternate mounting position, which is what got me curious about it. im pretty sure i remember there being a space in between the ends, you can kinda see it in the pic. the cylinders don't look quite as big but would seem to function the same.

Pedal Power
    Aug 2006
    I won't be able to officially confirm until I get my Expert in 2 weeks, but I'm sure an owner of one will straighten us out before that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjl View Post
    Hi guys.

Wandering if anyone has gone for the linkage mod for the 05 StumpJumper 120 by BETD. If so,can give us your opinions about it,likes/dislikes,and do you know how much it weighs? it looks quite heavy.

Thanks

EDIT:- Just recieved an e-mail reply from BETD,they say it weighs 225 grams Which is quite a bit more than i expected (my original weighs 96.68 grams).
    Bumping this thread up after nine years!

My 2005 120 Stumpjumper FSR just had its linkage cracked - and BETD apparently doesn't sell the linkage anymore.

Anyone out the on the internet have a stock Specialized replacement linkage for a 2005 120 StumpJumper fsr or an old BETD linkage that they aren't using anymore? Will pay good $$ to keep this frame going...

Thanks!

- Marcus
    marcushe@gmail.com