mtbr member
    Jun 2006

'05 Hardrock Front Derailleur Cable

Ok, so I got my hands on a '05 Hardrock Pro Disc frame for $40. The frame has never been assembled, so I thought it would be fun to see if I could build this bike. Well so far, so good, until I got to the front derailleur. The cable comes up around the bottom bracket intead of down the frame. As you all know the derailleur is designed to be pulled up, not down. I have searched everywhere to try and find a solution, i.e. a special part, but have been unsuccessful. Maybe I'm an idiot (probably) or just looking in the wrong place (also probably) Anybody else have this problem, or know a solution?

Cthulhu fhtagn
    dont know for sure if this will work but why not reroute the cable? my hardrock had the cable coming down the seat tube. you probably dont have cable bosses but i believe there are aftermarket solutions for that out there

Rogue Warrior&Anarchist
    You need a bottom pull derailleur

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...b55bcb8ad34b32
    mountain biking is not a crime, so quit giving me dirty looks before I bunnyhop your car

mtbr member
    What sort of derailleur do you have? You may already have a dual pull derailleur and just need to re-rout the cable into the derailleur

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have a Shimano Acera.