mtbr member

05 Enduro Sworks photos?

I'm looking for some 05 Enduro S Works photos. Anyone??

Is any one riding the Ano Green color? I was hoping to see pictures of that color.
    Last edited by twouareks; 03-06-2006 at 01:41 PM.

mtbr member
    This is my 05 Enduro with its new Fox Van 36 and DHX Air.
    Since taking the pics, ive also installed an E13 Drs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduro SX
    This is my 05 Enduro with its new Fox Van 36 and DHX Air.
    Since taking the pics, ive also installed an E13 Drs.
    thats the kind of thing I was looking for. I have a Giant AC right now, and I'm looking to upgrade the frame and I think I can get a pretty good price on an 05 SWorks frame. I would have it built up witha DRS guide, Race Face Evolve DH parts, singletrack wheels, pretty heavy freeride/all mountain basically. And I wanted to see what that kind of build woul dlook like, and how it would perform on that type of frame. What kind of riding do you do? How do you like the DHX over the Progressive?

mtbr member
    The Enduro is a superb frame and you wont regret it. The DHX Air totally transforms the frame and suits it better I think in comparison to the 5th. I havent done to many miles on the bike since changeing the shock and forks. Your probably aware of some DHX air shocks "Sticking Down", I havent experianced this on mine, but a friend who has just got a Nomad had his shock stick down shortly after its first ride. It just means sending it off under warrenty to have its internal seals upgraded. I have a BC trip planned in July and I intend to send my shock of for a service before it just in case.
    I have a few bikes in my collection, the S.Works been one of them, I also have a Foes Fly with fox 40s, a Cove Stiffee FR and a Cadd 7 Cannondale Roadbike. My rideing style would be more FR inclined, I love Big Mountain Riding. The Enduro is the perfect do it all bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    ...lovely bike Mr EnduroSX

Almost exactly what i'm looking at building.

I'm transferring everything from my current frame (RM Switch) and I've got pretty heavy-duty FR components... Diabolus cranks/bars/stem, 36 Vans, Mono 6Ti etc. I was a bit concerned they'd look a bit schizo on such a race-lite frame, and thought about getting the SX Trail instead. The reason for changing frames in the first place though, was to get something lighter (hitting mid-30's and getting less 'extreme' as the days go by), and I think the S-Works would give me the opportunity to gradually change over to lighter components at a later point if necessary...

So in a nutshell, I think you've just convinced me to go S-Works

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Cool bike , looking at doing the same upgrades to my 05 expert frame. How does the Van 36 perform with the slacker H.A. compared to the Talas and is the DHX air plusher and give more mid stroke support without blowing through the travel as quick compared to the 5th? Thanks

mtbr member
    I cant compare the Van 36 to the Talas as I had a Marzocchi FR1 on the bike before getting the Van. I prefare a slacker headangle on my bikes, I think the Enduro suits this fork very well. The DHX Air is on a different par to the 5th air, it is way more plusher and is more coil like, I find it has more mid stroke support without blowing through its travel.
    Ive attached a pic of the Van 36 with its Big Brother the 40
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Enduro SX; 03-06-2006 at 08:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I too have an '05 S-Works in the Charcoal color though. Love it can't complain in any way.

Don't worry about your DHX-A getting stuck down, if it hasn't happened yet it most likely won't. The deal is that Fox got a bunk batch of quad-seals from their supplier. All you need to do is call Fox and order a seal rebuild kit for your shock and then if you have any issues you can fix it in a few minutes. I know Fox says a stuck down shock needs to go in for service but they just say that to limit liability since you could get hurt fixing it because the negative air chamber is pressurized and can turn the shock body into a projectile. Do it yourself, just don't tell Fox so you can retain your warranty.

I've done a few myself, here's the procedure.

1) Let ALL the air out of the main chamber AND bottom out chamber
    2) Using a pocket knife or similar tool remove c-clip on outer air-sleeve. Note: Not under pressure so don't worry. Slide outer sleeve off shock body.
    3) Clamp front (air chamber end) shock eye into vice or if no vice, slide large screwdriver through front shock eye and have a friend hold securely.
    4) Slide another large screwdriver through rear (stanchion end) shock eye and wrap with shop rag. This is to prevent the air sleeve from shooting off the shock into your gut.
    5) SLOWLY unscrew main air sleeve, listen for air escaping. Wait until hissing stops completely and then finish unscrewing the sleeve until it pops free being careful not to get your hands pinched between the sleeve and the screwdriver!
    6) Replace quad seals with fresh ones and coat heavily in "Float Fluid". You will know the quad seals because they will be visibly deformed. They are white plastic flat seals and there are two on the piston, one on either side of a rubber o-ring IIRC. FWIW the Float uses the same seals so a Float rebuild kit will work if that's all that's available.
    7) reassemble in reverse order and re-pressurize to desired PSI.

It takes about 10 minutes in total. Air shocks are fairly simple so carry a rebuild kit and you are good to go.