Track Junkie

'05 Enduro - front der close to rear tire?

I was cleaning up and tuning my '05 Enduro today, when I noticed how close the stock tire comes to the front deraileur when it is in the small ring. I mean, we're talking 1/4" gap or less. I'm only running the factory Specialized Enduro Pro 2.3" tires, so if I were to use anything bigger, how would I go about using the small chainring without it rubbing?

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a simple solution that I'm not seeing?

Thanks

-Brad
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by BRacing
    I was cleaning up and tuning my '05 Enduro today, when I noticed how close the stock tire comes to the front deraileur when it is in the small ring. I mean, we're talking 1/4" gap or less. I'm only running the factory Specialized Enduro Pro 2.3" tires, so if I were to use anything bigger, how would I go about using the small chainring without it rubbing?

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a simple solution that I'm not seeing?

Thanks

-Brad
    I put those tires on my 04 Enduro and they did rub the front der when I turned/leaned just right. They also rubbed the frame when leaning just right. Solution is not to use larger tires, or develop strong legs so you never use the granny gear. The Specialized 2.3 tires are pretty big. I went back to my Kenda Nevagal 2.35 and it has never rubbed in the many months I've been riding it.

$.02
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

Track Junkie
    Wow. This is definitly a deal breaker. I bought an Enduro for the tire clearance because I like to have the ability to run large tires, or mud clearance, etc. No point if the deraileur gets in the way.

I wonder how much interference there is with the tire clearance and a single-ring chain guide.

-B
    I get paid to ride shotgun.