jmf
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

05 enduro comp 130 wants a coil over

Help me if you can, a cross country geek rode a coil over for the first time.
    I had the misfortune of borrowing a friendís Romic equiped Turner XCE and was blown away by the ride. I currently have a pushed fox float on my Enduro 130. Iím hoping the coil over made the difference, not the bike. I prefer the rear link set for a slac head angle and lower bottom bracket . No big drops, just fast and rocky. Think Downieville. I have a few questions for anyone who has run a coil over on an Enduro.
    1) Is the swinger 4-way worth it given I like to drop the seat and external reservoir appears to interfere. Should I stick with the 3 way?
    2) Most people spec a 7.825 x 2.25 with preference for the higher bottom bracket. Has anyone else run the 7.5 x 2. I'm not looking for more travel.
    3) Iím 165 lbs, what coil should buy.

If this donít fix it, Iím dumping the Enduro and lookin for a used XCE.
    Dam that ride was sweeeet.
    thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf
    Help me if you can, a cross country geek rode a coil over for the first time.
    I had the misfortune of borrowing a friendís Romic equiped Turner XCE and was blown away by the ride. I currently have a pushed fox float on my Enduro 130. Iím hoping the coil over made the difference, not the bike. I prefer the rear link set for a slac head angle and lower bottom bracket . No big drops, just fast and rocky. Think Downieville. I have a few questions for anyone who has run a coil over on an Enduro.
    1) Is the swinger 4-way worth it given I like to drop the seat and external reservoir appears to interfere. Should I stick with the 3 way?
    2) Most people spec a 7.825 x 2.25 with preference for the higher bottom bracket. Has anyone else run the 7.5 x 2. I'm not looking for more travel.
    3) Iím 165 lbs, what coil should buy.

If this donít fix it, Iím dumping the Enduro and lookin for a used XCE.
    Dam that ride was sweeeet.
    thanks for the help.

i'm trying to do the same thing on my '05 enduro 130...have not gotten much help on this board strangley...anyway, i read a couple post where guys used fox vanillas 7.875...i don't know about the stroke stuff...what effects does a longer stroke do to the geometry...alos one guys put a romic d on his enduro

wish these guys would help us out!
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

jmf
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    perhaps i shouldn't have mentioned Turner in a
    Specialized thread.
    Romic makes a drop in for the enduro. same size itoi and stroke.
    I've considered the romic because by buddie swears by them.
    On the flip side, a lot of people report failures. I also like the adjustable stable platform
    on the swinger. Most people seem to like the 7.825 itoi shocks with a 2.25 inch stroke.
    Then they flip the rear link into the slack orientation and probably end up with a head angle somewhere around 70 and and extra 1/2 inch of travel. Throw a 6 inch travel fork on
    it and you've got a 6 inch travel bike with a 69 deg head angle and a higher bottom bracket. If you're into drops, It sounds about right. Personally I'm a chicked **** cross countrier (other bike is a 25 lb 4 inch travel stumpjumper that climbs like a banshee)
    I want a low bottom bracket and slack head angle. Maybe a 7.5 itoi with a RS Pike up front. just got to figure out which spring I should be using.
    If you haven't checked out DKriders bike, take a look.

04 enduro 6" link upgrade???

has to be one of the sweetest enduros i've seen.
    good luck with your ride.

mtbr member

spring rate calculator

this should help.

jmf
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    thank you good sir
    looks like 450 lbs should do it