mtbr member
    Jun 2005

05 and 06 Enduro geometry - I'm confused, help.

A friend is getting an 05 Enduro frame and has been looking at the geometry.

We looked at the 05 geometry and the 06 geometry and there are more angles for the 06 enduro.

Is this just down to different shock mounts? If so, are the new shock mounts available aftermaket?

Also, he cant afford the Fox 36 forks but has been looking at the 06 Z1 FR lights which are 538.5mm A-C. Are they ok for the enduro? I cant find the A-C height of the 36.

Thanks in advance.
    I don't care if I'm the last to the top and the last to the bottom. Just as long as I look damn good doing it!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnumPI
    A friend is getting an 05 Enduro frame and has been looking at the geometry.

We looked at the 05 geometry and the 06 geometry and there are more angles for the 06 enduro.

Is this just down to different shock mounts? If so, are the new shock mounts available aftermaket?

Also, he cant afford the Fox 36 forks but has been looking at the 06 Z1 FR lights which are 538.5mm A-C. Are they ok for the enduro? I cant find the A-C height of the 36.

Thanks in advance.
    The geometry is the same for 05 and 06. The 6 geometries shown for 06 are for the 2 different shock mounts x 3 different heights for the Fox 36 fork corresponding to 110, 130 and 150mm travel. The A-C heigth for the Fox 36 is 495, 515, and 535mm respectively. The 2 different shock mounts make a difference of 1/2" in BB height and 1 degree of head angle difference. The 06 Trail is a different animal.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Aaaaahhh, I get it.

Now I get it.

Thanks Ridge Rider.

Spesh, gotta love em.
    I don't care if I'm the last to the top and the last to the bottom. Just as long as I look damn good doing it!