Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member&ham operator
    Jul 2004

04 Mudflap Shock Protector

I own a 2004 Stumpjumper FSR Pro and am looking at the 2004 Mudflap Shock Protector which is available on the specialized American website.

Since Specialized does not have an online shop, could you guys be kind enough to let me know the price in the states and how good the product is in protecting the shock from mud etc. Even better show me a picture of a Stumpy with the mudflap installed!

I'm from Malaysia so if the price is right and the product is good, I will have to ask a favour from a buddy of mine who stays in Arizona to pruchase the product for me and send it by snail mail all the way to Malaysia.

Many thanks in advance mates.

mtbr member

not available anymore ???

Hi!

My mate in the States tried to get it for me (I'm from Finland) for my Enduro but he said that Specialized informed him that the mudflap shock protector was discontinued and couldn't be ordered anymore. Now that is really strange because it was a new-in-2004 product...
    Hope you can still find one.

mtbr member&ham operator
    Jul 2004
    Thanks for the quick reply mate.

Now, that's strange! Since both of us are looking for the
    same thing, let's hope that someone here can help us!

Cheerio then.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Hi!

My mate in the States tried to get it for me (I'm from Finland) for my Enduro but he said that Specialized informed him that the mudflap shock protector was discontinued and couldn't be ordered anymore. Now that is really strange because it was a new-in-2004 product...
    Hope you can still find one.

serial loser
    May 2004
    They are sold out, but will probably make another batch because the 05's aren't that different. It really works good and looks cool, retails for 14.99 USD.
    It doesn't stand out like seat post mounted fenders and is mainly there to keep junk off the shock.
    I'll post a pic soon, at work at the moment.

mtbr member
    Save your money boys. Cut an old tube 6" long, slip it over the shock, and rubber band or zip tie each end. Instant shock protector. You each owe me $14.99.
    Start off slow & taper off from there.

mtbr member&ham operator
    Jul 2004
    jonjon,

Would appreciate if you could post a pic for us here! What's the weight and dimensions if you don't mind mate?

JerryBoneJr,

I do have a shock pretector boot but reckoned that the original mud flap might do better and at the same time as a second layer of protection.

Thanks for all the response guys and Archangel, I hope you are following this thread since both of us are interested in the same product.

73's all round.

mtbr member

Mudguard

Look here for a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

For sure, mate...

Let's hope that Specialized brings more of them to market...

BTW: I'm using a Speed Stuff neoprene boot over the shock and it is working allright. Still would be happier with mudflap because the shock would be exposed and easier to clean...

mtbr member&ham operator
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cruz
    Look here for a pic.
    Cruz,

Thanks mate but I was actually looking for a pic og the mudflap on the bike. My apologies for not being detailed.

73's.

mtbr member&ham operator
    Jul 2004
    Archangel,

Roger that mate.

Specialized, do you hear us?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hi i got fed up trying to get one for myself so i cut out a piece of clear lexan and Zip Tied it around the lower shock body, weight was not an issue and it looks cool i'll take some pics tonight and post it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9W6VX
    Thanks for the quick reply mate.

Now, that's strange! Since both of us are looking for the
    same thing, let's hope that someone here can help us!

Cheerio then.

Hi! i just ordered the 04 mudflap for my enduro and it works great i even have the lizardskin rear shock protector but mudflap helps a lot it protects it from mud and from smll rocks hitting your rear shock. i didnt know that its sold out..i checked the specialized website its not soldout ...heres the link:

http://www.specialized.com/SBCEqSect...pComponentsMTB

i'm gonna post my bike with the mudflap installed so you can see it but maybe tomorrow ...i have my bike pics with my other computer...worth buying it.
    +++++++++++++++++
    *Disclaimer: Arlopex shall not be liable for the content or any errors or omissions in the information provided in the Comments section, and conclusions drawn from such information are the responsibility of the user.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by poksy
    Hi i got fed up trying to get one for myself so i cut out a piece of clear lexan and Zip Tied it around the lower shock body, weight was not an issue and it looks cool i'll take some pics tonight and post it.
    Here's the homemade mudflap!

mtbr member&ham operator
    Jul 2004
    Very cool homebrew stuff mate!

I'll have to take some pictures of my Stumpy and share with all of you!

Thanks for sharing.

gnuH

Mudflap

Here's a 'far away' pic of the mudflap. (Vail, Colorado)

I had to send it to a mates place in Colorado as they don't send to NZ either.

Definitely reduces the amount of mud (& snow) on the shock. Weighs next to nothing.

KR

mtbr member&ham operator
    Jul 2004
    kiwirider,

Very cool mate!

Now, how do I get one? It is such a hassle getting parts especially for us guys from Asia and Asia Pacific regions!

73's to you mate and I love that pic of your Stumpy in all the snow!

mtbr member
    Kiwi, how could you have trouble getting SBC parts in NZ when all of the South Pacific area is supplied though NZ by Avanti Cycles. Try and get parts here in OZ sometimes is hard too.

gnuH

Parts in NZ

Cruz,

The NZ distributors don't stock the complete range of Specialized accessories. eg the mudflap, touch-up paint etc.

Does anyone know why Specialized doesn't post overseas? They are missing out on a massive market. I'm lucky to have contacts in the US that can send the parts on to me.

Hey, what's the riding like up in Brisbane? Thinking about taking a long weekend over there.

KR

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9W6VX
    I own a 2004 Stumpjumper FSR Pro and am looking at the 2004 Mudflap Shock Protector which is available on the specialized American website.

Since Specialized does not have an online shop, could you guys be kind enough to let me know the price in the states and how good the product is in protecting the shock from mud etc. Even better show me a picture of a Stumpy with the mudflap installed!

I'm from Malaysia so if the price is right and the product is good, I will have to ask a favour from a buddy of mine who stays in Arizona to pruchase the product for me and send it by snail mail all the way to Malaysia.

Many thanks in advance mates.

Heres the 04 mudflap installed on my enduro...sorry this is late
    +++++++++++++++++
    *Disclaimer: Arlopex shall not be liable for the content or any errors or omissions in the information provided in the Comments section, and conclusions drawn from such information are the responsibility of the user.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Make Your own

Cut a piece of 3mm neoprene 180mm x 75mm and zip tie to frame just above forged insert, thread through link. see pic, note clean shock and lots of Godley Heads track mud. no trapped condensation like lizard skin.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

try pic again

add the photo this time

mtbr member&ham operator
    Jul 2004
    arlopex,

Very nice pictures mate.

How I wish I could get the bloody mudflap!

Anybody have a spare for sale?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    LBS showed me a picture of this item in what I believe was their 2005 catalog. They said they would be ordering a bunch (it is muddy here in Oregon in the winter).

mtbr member&ham operator
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    LBS showed me a picture of this item in what I believe was their 2005 catalog. They said they would be ordering a bunch (it is muddy here in Oregon in the winter).
    riverrat,

If you would be kind enough to let me know once your LBS has stock. I could then get my mate to get it for me.

Would you do that as a favour?

mtbr member

New question here.

i just bought my mudflap form specialized s store and i got it today from fedex i opened it and look at it and it was all scratched up so i gave them a call and they emailed me a label and to ship it back to them and a new one will be on its way soon. Anyone using front fenders?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast