PROEDGEBIKER.COM

New question here. 04' Hardrock Pro Disc WARRANTY Question

A friend of mine(original owner) found a Crack on the Head Tube of his Hardrock pro while cleaning the bike, is he S.O.L.? or is there anything that Specialized or the LBS he bought it from will do for him?

Thanks!

Fat-tired Roadie
    There's a limited lifetime warranty on Specialized framesets. He probably has to have the frameset shipped back to Specialized for them to inspect and make a determination, because they only warranty defective materials and workmanship - if they think it's crash damage, he's not getting a new frame. Anyway, he should run it back to his LBS.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrwSwitch
    There's a limited lifetime warranty on Specialized framesets. He probably has to have the frameset shipped back to Specialized for them to inspect and make a determination, because they only warranty defective materials and workmanship - if they think it's crash damage, he's not getting a new frame. Anyway, he should run it back to his LBS.

cool, the bike looks BRAND NEW!

mtbr member
    I had a cracked frame and Specialized took care of me very well! I took the bike to a local dealership and they had the regional rep. look at it and all was taken care of. I had a new frame by the end of that week.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    the guy at the LBS said that there was a Batch of Hardrocks from around those years that had the same problem, it was due to the Headset being pressed on with too much force.

anyhow,

Lifetime warranty on Spesh frames helped out, he will be getting a brand new frame and may have the option to upgrade to a different frame for some $$$ out of pocket.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    damn!!! my boy is getting a Stumpy frame!

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Well, he got a 2010 Stumpy Expert and all he has to do is buy a fork for it. Spesh only gave a $60 credit for the fork after we talked to the LBS telling them that the bike is worthless if its unrideable, original fork was not compatible with the 2010 frame.

It was a lil dissapointing that Spesh pretty much said, here's a nice frame but you cant ride it.

Religion = Non-thinking
    WOW NICE! i want a new stumpy frame and i already have a RH SL frame lol

tell him to stop crying and just buy a fork!! a free upgrade frame is worth big bucks
    RH SL Pro

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    WOW NICE! i want a new stumpy frame and i already have a RH SL frame lol

tell him to stop crying and just buy a fork!! a free upgrade frame is worth big bucks

Trust me, he wasent crying at all, he would of taken another hardrock just to be able to ride something, Anyhow, we got him a Dart 2, it's hard to tell someone who bought a $500HardRock in 04' to buy a $600 Fox

here's the finished product

Religion = Non-thinking
    wow.. a dart 2 on a stumpjumper, LOL nice!
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

You should of given him your RS Recon.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM

See what i mean?? it cost him $80 for the fork. IMO not bad to get the bike rideable, he says that once he gets money he will make this a bad ass machine..