mtbr member
    Feb 2004

04 Enduro S-Works rear shock replacement

Have a 2004 Enduro S-Works with the Fox "brain" rear shock. It's leaking for the second time since new and before I send it back to Fox again for a rebuild I was thinking that I should simply replace it with a current RP23.

I know the shock length was custom for Specialized. Anybody have any experience with this? I don't think I need a brain on the bike anymore.

Other than the rear shock the bike is awesome.

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Replaced my Float R with a 7.875x2 RP23 and realy like the change. Bottom bracket is slightly higher and head tube is slightly less slack. My Enduro is the '05 130 travel that has the flipflop bracket that gives a 69.5 or 70.5 headtube angle. I run the slacker headtube. What I noticed is less bobbing, less pedal strikes, good adjustability of the shock. Although rebound and propedal adjustments are difficult to impossible with shock mounted you can turn propedal on and off easily. The 7.5x2 (giving slacker headtube and lower bb) and 7.875x2.25 (giving more travel) shocks are rummored to fit also.

mtbr member
    Iīm replace the shock en this bike by a Manitou Swinger 3 way. nice...

Excuse me, i donīt speak english.

En espaņol lo que querais...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I would send it back to fox. Then again, I enjoy the brain shocks on my bikes.