bottom feeder

04' enduro pro shock

I recently purchased an 04' Enduro pro frame(smokin' deal). Anyway I need a rear shock, I have found an 04 Fox Vanilla RC in 7.875x2 for $125.00. Is this an acceptable size for this frame and is this a good price? If I do purchase a Fox I know I will send it out to be pushed! I have yet to purchase the front fork but am leaning towrards the manitou minute? Any help with this would be great. This is my first build. And I am leaning towrads building this for mild freeride and agressive xc.
    "Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Enduro Pro Shock

If you've got a coil shock on the rear you might be best going for a slightly burlier fork up front like the Fox Vanilla or something of that ilk. The Fox is almost certainly more suitable for punishment than the Minute. Not sure if you can get them where you are, but I'm using a Pace RC40 with my Enduro and it's a very happy match indeed. The Pace manual states that it's intended use is "all mountain" (however you define it), but the same is true of the Marzocchi AM, Manitou Nixon etc.

For the sort of riding I do - which is mainly aggressive xc with some very mild freeride - I find the Pace to be excellent. If I'm doing something very hard hitting (by my standards) I swap my Fox Float rear shock for a Romic coilover but there's a significant weight penalty.

mtbr member
    I just put a PIKE Race on my 03 Enduro with a PUSHed Float RL. I think the PIKE would be a good match for your coil shock. It is inexpensive, plush, burly, and stiff. RS has come a LONG way since their crap of old.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Shock from 03 Enduro.

Hey I have a stock shock from an 03 Enduro hidden around my house somewhere. It is earlier than the ProPedal version but if you plan to have it pushed that shouldn't make a difference. It has the travel limit adjuster (ITch switch) but no lockout. Let me know if you are interested and I will begin an epic search through the wilds of home for it.
    Richard

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogma
    I recently purchased an 04' Enduro pro frame(smokin' deal). Anyway I need a rear shock, I have found an 04 Fox Vanilla RC in 7.875x2 for $125.00. Is this an acceptable size for this frame and is this a good price?
    The price sounds right. With regard to fit, do a search of this forum, as I believe someone has successfully mounted a Fox Vanilla on an Enduro. There were, I think, some fit issues, so you'll want to dig up those old messages before pulling the trigger.

With regard to the fork, I second the suggestion of a Fox Vanilla. I'm running one on one of my bikes and I really like it.

bottom feeder
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I went with a Fox Pro Pedal with an i2i of 7.8x2.25. I put a manituo minute 2 with 130mm of travel up front, but I seem to be having problems fitting the fork tube into my headset. Both are the correct size for the head tube. But the it seems the washer on the bottom of the headset that goes into the fork tube will not fit all the way to the bottom of the fork. does this need to be pressed on?

Thanks
    "Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."