mtbr member
    Jan 2005

03 stumpjumper rear triangle

Can anybody give me an indication on how much new rear triangle (seat stay and/or chainstay sections) would be for a 2003 stumpjumper fsr (same rear triangle as fsr XC's i think)? mine have gone a little bit out of whack and its wearing the shock funny. The shop is gonna try and bend them back , not sure how it hold up though, so i'm trying to see if replacing it is cost effective. unfortunately the bike is bout 16months old so the 1 year moving parts warranty has expired (did everybody else know that the lifetime warranty only covered mainframe not rear triangle?? i couldn't believe it).
    thanx everyone

banned
    Jun 2005

Problems,Problems!!!.................

Thats what you get when you wanna full around with unnecessary rear linkages!...
    HT BABY!!
    40 y/o & still LOVE my H/T''s

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

i hear ya!

god, tell me about it! i've decided i'll just ride the stumpy til its totally screwed then transfer components over to my old GT zaskar (9yrs and still going strong). bloody full suspension......

Gravity Rides Everything
    did ya try the warranty route? that shizzle should be straight.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by whippet
    Can anybody give me an indication on how much new rear triangle (seat stay and/or chainstay sections) would be for a 2003 stumpjumper fsr (same rear triangle as fsr XC's i think)? mine have gone a little bit out of whack and its wearing the shock funny. The shop is gonna try and bend them back , not sure how it hold up though, so i'm trying to see if replacing it is cost effective. unfortunately the bike is bout 16months old so the 1 year moving parts warranty has expired (did everybody else know that the lifetime warranty only covered mainframe not rear triangle?? i couldn't believe it).
    thanx everyone
    Check Ebay, you may find a replacement.

Jim D.
    04 Stumpjumper Expert Disc
    10 Marin San Rafael

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

no warranty

Quote Originally Posted by endurowanker
    did ya try the warranty route? that shizzle should be straight.
    as i said above, shop told me rear triangles count as a moving part (at least they do in australia - is this the same for the US?) and thus only have a one year warranty on them, which has now expired. Have tried the ebay route and no luck so far, but i'll keep trying....

Complete Bastard
    The seatstays for an 05 epic cost 68$. Don't know about the rest. I think that's dealer cost, your dealer may try to screw you a little.

banned
    Jun 2005

eeerrrrrrrr!

god, tell me about it! i've decided i'll just ride the stumpy til its totally screwed then transfer components over to my old GT zaskar (9yrs and still going strong). bloody full suspension......

I am not saying anything wrong with Specialized actually EXCELLENT backing for products & good ones (products) at that. I simply do not like rear suspension i feel it is
    just a bunch of HYPE. unless you are taking BIG drops ,just a waste. as for myself i like the connection feeling of the terrain,not face though.......lol. yes FULL suspension SUCKS!
    whether be Specialized,GT,Ellsworth,Moots,Titus & so on .........
    F/S SUCKS! especially when time it comes time to fix..........hooohooo!
    Body ligaments much more reliable & controllable.

banned
    Jun 2005

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... (00)

Quote Originally Posted by mward
    The seatstays for an 05 epic cost 68$. Don't know about the rest. I think that's dealer cost, your dealer may try to screw you a little.
    You guys need to leave that F/S business alone!....LET THAT GO.

Complete Bastard
    You need a life. Who cares what everyon else rides.

banned
    Jun 2005

Listen! Hey jr.!...

You need a life. Who cares what everyon else rides.
    If you talking to me...

First of all:
    1. Yes there MWard i need a life, How about if i just TAKE yours.
    2. I really don't care what everyone else rides there you spazz
    3.this website here is ALL about opinions,thoughts & info, 10-4?
    4.if something i said flicked your switch too friggin bad, GROW UP punk.
    Last edited by astubula; 07-29-2005 at 12:57 AM.

banned
    Jun 2005

Well geegolly!

What kind of phrase is this you say here. you quote dealer price to consumer then you say they "screw you a little"like dealer doesn't have to make a living? dude you are a total goof ball.No one cares you work for bike shop.there mr.Moderator.I don't mean to laugh in your face but i cant help it you punk......muwahaha!!
    Last edited by astubula; 07-29-2005 at 01:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by astubula
    What kind of phrase is this you say here. you quote dealer price to consumer then you say they "screw you a little"like dealer doesn't have to make a living? dude you are a total goof ball.No one cares you work for bike shop.there mr.Moderator.I don't mean to laugh in your face but i cant help it you punk......muwahaha!!
    christ mate, at least he made a useful contribution to the post, which i'm grateful for (and cheers to the others who've offered useful suggestions). can u even remember what the original question was? cause u sure as hell haven't helped me out at all..

banned
    Jun 2005

Hey what is this Welfare Dept???

christ mate, at least he made a useful contribution to the post, which i'm grateful for (and cheers to the others who've offered useful suggestions). can u even remember what the original question was? cause u sure as hell haven't helped me out at all..
    You don't have to jump all over me there Whippet you live in Australia right? I am just amusing myself dude dont get your riding shorts all kinked up now! why is everyone attacking me?? Just cause i say 'i never partook in F/S shinnagons"? don't get mad & snap your teeth@ me dude i didn't do or say anything toyou Whippet.Yes i do know the original question,but as stated above about F/S ,I am soory dude that i cannot help you mate.useful contribution eh what did YOU REALLY get from it, is linkage fixed?
    You know that a lot of these Babbitts & bearings are available from bearing houses.
    but hell dude try "pick your part" lots of bike parts & accessories there.
    It sounds to me dude like that the padding in your shorts is starting to kink.........
    Have you ever heard of Webco frames??
    BTW what time is it there???

banned
    Jun 2005

... and if we just ... I apolligiize dude (whippet)

Why all the hubbub i thought you where gonna switch componentry to Zaskar?
    I am very concerned with predicament here, please keep me posted M'kay?
    As i am very busy searching for a life.hmmm.iknow there is one somewhere around here amongst all this Specialized componentry strewn about
    That wasn't very nice neither.
    I don't think i like you
    but maybe if you act REAL nice I might be able to give some pointers on triangle
    I always thought australians were very nice & considerate but hell dude after your attack on me idunno about that anymore, i always thought we were freinds dude.....well eerrr i still love ya , .....

banned
    Jun 2005

Well here is the lowdown........

I have to go "pimpout my phone"will return SHORTLY.
    is there a knee surgeon in the house??
    Last edited by astubula; 07-29-2005 at 04:07 AM.

banned
    Jun 2005

Listen! Well here is the lowdown........

I have to go "pimpout my phone"will return SHORTLY.
    is there a knee surgeon in the house?