GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

03 Enduro Pro fork question

Anyone know the most travel a fork on an 03 Enduro should have?

I'm deciding between a Pike (95mm--140mm) and a Domain (115mm--160mm). Both forks have UTurn but the Domain is $130 cheaper.

Any thoughts would be cool.

jason8265
    my 03 has a "warranty limit" of 120 mm. Anything more than that voids the warranty.

GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Thanks Jason

I don't get it...the TALAS that the frame came with included a 125mm setting, so that doesn't seem to jive with the 120mm limit...

X-Ray Guy
    my friend rides his witha 145mm Pike up front and loves it. That said he kept the original fork in case of warranty issues. he would just swap it back on before he brought it to the shop. The enduros only came up to 130 mm in their last year of production, so they are only willing to warranty that limit.

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! 125 mm is the limit

Hello,

125 mm is the limit and I am certain about this because it took the warning sticker off when I bought my bike!

This being said, I have a 160 mm. Rock Shox Lyrik U-turn coil on my 2004 enduro pro, but I have also drastically modified the rear suspension too. I have 165 mm. of rear wheel travel! The head angle is nearly stock using this setup! Head angle is a big deal!

P.S. Do yourself a favor and by the Pike because I find the Domain to be just bare bones lame and an ugly long travel fork. Feel the difference for yourself!
    Ciao,

Enjoy the ride!