83 feet less per minute
    Jun 2004

'03 Enduro FSR Frameset For Sale

In classifieds, add number 94460. Shock is Pushed. Very good shape. Red in color.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by paddlefoot64; 10-29-2005 at 01:38 PM.
    Want to ride in this life and the next? Ask me how.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Ummm...paddle, not to rain on your parade or....

anything, but the is NOT and Enduro Comp frame. It is a standard 03 Enduro frame. The 03 Comp came in black with gold decals. However, since the frame for the Enduro Comp and Enduro were identical for 03, no harm done. I know this because I owned an 03 Enduro in the same color, and debated with myself long and hard on whether to get the Comp. Like I said, since the Enuro Comp and Enduro used the same frame, shock etc. it's not a big deal. But if you were selling the complete bike some body would call you out on it quick, there was quite a difference in full bike spec between the two. Just a friendly observation.

Good Dirt

p.s. I got $1000 for the compete bike earlier this year in the classified's here. You might be just a tad high on your asking price.
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    I've got an 02 Pro, what kind of rear fender is that? Do tell.
    Lou.
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT
    Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

83 feet less per minute
    Jun 2004
    You're right! It's an Enduro frame. My mistake. Very good frame though. The fender thing is a Shark Fin to keep dirt off of the shock. It's made by Specialized.

83 feet less per minute
    Jun 2004
    It might sound high, but did yours have a Thomson Elite seatpost and Pushed shock? If it doesn't sell, it will go to Ebay.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Nope didn't have the pushed shock, but....

It did have a Thomson post and stem, aftermarket Manitou Black fork, XTR rear D and XT front, and and XT shifters. All upgrades from stock. I took the standard formula for depreciation, -1/2 msrp for the first year, -100 for subsiquent years to get the base, then add back in 1/2 msrp for upgrades. Came out to $1200. But I got the upgrade parts through a friend in the industry so decided to pass those savings on and only added back 3/4 of my cost for the upgrades. Came out to $1000. The bike was in the classifieds for 5 days and sold.

Anyway, for an 03 frame $500 sounds a little steep, but if it is in good a shape as it looks in the pictures, you'll probably get 5 for it. Now if were an Sworks frame I'd say you were a little low and be wishing that it was an XL instead of a Medium!

Good Dirt

83 feet less per minute
    Jun 2004
    Squash,
    Thanks for your input. What are you riding now? I'm trying to pay for an '06 X-5 Ventana that will arrive next week. Wore out my Salty and decided to go to 5" front and rear. The Enduro is nice and was my first dual suspension bike. A Push job on the Float R and a Vanilla RLC 130 really improved the Enduro.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

I'm currently riding...

an 05 Stumpjumper 100. The Enduro was too much bike for the riding that I do. I pretty much keep my wheels on the ground, don't really bomb down hills or through rock gardens. Guess I ride pretty much XC/Trail with some technical tossed in. I spent the first 39 years of my riding career on hardtails and learned to finess my bike through the rough stuff. Been doing it so long it's become habit even on an fs bike. So the extra weight, slower handling and extra travel of the Endo wasn't worth it to me. Great bike though, just not what I needed.

Congrats on the X-5, sweet bike! I've been toying with the thought of picking up a Salty or a Turner Flux myself. I'm leaning more towards the Salty, it is such a beautifully executed frame! Not that I really need one, but they are just so sweet. And the custom "self build would be fun. But money is a factor! Oh well, mabey someday.

Anyway, good luck with the sale of your frame. Hopefully you'll get what you are asking for it.

Good Dirt