mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Wildwood Park Riders in Florence

Hey I am moving to Florence in December or early January and I am looking to find some people to go riding with. I have been on the trail once before in 2005 and I have not been back to town since. Has much changed with the layout? I have no problem with doing trail work either.
    I am also looking to get some friends into riding so if you have any extra bikes gathering dust let me know and I will forward it to my pals. It is kind of hard getting them to understand not to buy a bike at Dick's but hey we all learn from our mistakes. Also where do you go for a bike shop because it looks like Florence has none???

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Florence SC? They have a trail there?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Sorry, Florence, AL

banned
    Florence, AL, they have a trail there?

ALSCALPEL

i'm in florence

i actually work at the Dick's your talking about. there's no bike shop in town, but i can work on just about anything at the store. also, i'm looking for someone to train with if anyone is interested. planning on racing xc sport in 08. oh, i've found some atv trails in moulton about 50 min. away. very sweet double track about 15mi. total there and about 35 mi just down the road on hiking/horse trails. all very smooth from atv's and horses knocking the rocks off the trails.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Nice to hear someone rides in Florence(the one in Alabama). I will train with you as my schedule allows. Heck I might even race but I need a much lighter bike if I am going to be competitive. I could probably just get a light hardtail for the xc races. I know of some trails out in Killen but I will not mention the location on here but they should still be available to ride if you like contending with atv's. If I remember correct there are plenty of rocks and roots but hey thats what the trails you race on will be like. Which race series are you talking about anyways? Just send me a private message on here if you like.

Members who have read this thread: 0