Weekend Warrior

Where are the trails?

I just got back from my LBS and they told me about 2 trail near Orlando. I just can't find any info on it or exactly where it is.

The first one is supposed to be around the corner of Highway 27 and 192. Is it one of the orange growths. We used to ATV on some of these places but it definetly wouldn't work for biking.

The other one is supposed to be just south of I-4 at the Lakeland exit, i guess its Carter Road? Does anyone have any more info on any of these 2 places, please.

BTW, I'm thinking of hitting Santos this weekend, possible Sunday....

mtbr member

best trail guide for SE

http://www.sorbachattanooga.org/New%...ITE/trails.htm

maybe those are in there. if not i'm sure you'll find plenty others.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. W.C. Fields

mtbr member
    whoops, FL looks a little under represented there.

follow cars with bikes on the rack...
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. W.C. Fields

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks for the site, I like it, but there is very little info for Florida. I bookmarked it though as I plan to do a trip to TN this year....

Where is my mind?
    While I've been to Loyce Harp (Carter). I used the directions posted on the trail review section:

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...8_4540crx.aspx

I've only been there once, but found it with no problem.
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

- Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Carter Rode Sunday

Hey man,
    Carter Road is pretty cool, I don't know anything about that other one. I think i am going there Sunday even. It has some real technical sections, and some just go pedal sections. Lots of fun though. If you haven't been back to alafia lately, come check it out, they've changed a bunch of lines.
    erik

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I just went to Carter Rd aka. Loyce E Harpe park. It was a fun ride the fingers have some very tech and steep sections. I'm pretty sure the address is 500 W Carter Rd Lakeland, Fl: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...1265&z=16&om=1

There are some smaller trails here in Orlando: Environmental Center and Snow Hill. Where are you?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by daleksic
    Thanks for the site, I like it, but there is very little info for Florida. I bookmarked it though as I plan to do a trip to TN this year....

We add info to the site as it's submitted to us. We are obviously hurting for people from FL sending us good info on trails.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO XX1 Build
    2015 Niner Bikes Ambassador; Chattanooga, TN

Weekend Warrior
    Hey eclark7, haven't been riding in a while. I crashed pretty bad a few months ago at the Vortex in Santos. I still have a dent in my thigh and a black and blue. It seems like that thing isn't gonna go away either...

This year my goal is to hit every trail in the state of Florida at least once. To bad i never got to go on Razorback.

Weekend Warrior
    Stealh, I'm down in far south orlando, by the Loop in Hunters Creek... I'm going to take a ride out this weekend and see if I can find something. There is supposed to be a trail on the corner of 27 and 192.

Members who have read this thread: 0