Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 179 of 179
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kevin_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    56
    Nice pics! Looks like some smooth trails. Are there any steep climbs out there? I'm going to google this park now!

    Wow! 4 hours from here! Think I'll keep admiring the pics for a while!!!

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_K View Post
    Nice pics! Looks like some smooth trails. Are there any steep climbs out there? I'm going to google this park now!

    Wow! 4 hours from here! Think I'll keep admiring the pics for a while!!!
    steep climbs yes.... gnarly fast decents... also yes. was a blast... Beautiful park to camp too. Its HUGE.

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541

    Rode Devils Den today...

    Love this place! so much fun and easy to look at.... Like my girlfriend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where are all my Arkansans at !?-devils-den1.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-devils-den2.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-devils-den3.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-devils-den4.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-devils-den5.jpg  


  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14
    "Whats up Little Rock, whats up!!"
    New to the forum. Been riding a while, loving all the natural state has to offer!
    Chadalex - where is Hobbs? Looks nice...

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by ARdancingbear View Post
    "Whats up Little Rock, whats up!!"
    New to the forum. Been riding a while, loving all the natural state has to offer!
    Chadalex - where is Hobbs? Looks nice...
    Rogers... Its a huge park.. Lots of good trail. Check it out!

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rode it today. That's the best workout in our area. Love it!

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by buzbom99 View Post
    Rode it today. That's the best workout in our area. Love it!
    Which one?

  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Drummerboy1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    544
    Do any of y'all here volunteer at Recycle Bikes for Kids? I've been working with Ron King for several months now and love it. I'm sure the bike polo crowd has been there a few times. If any of you have'nt, come check us out and give us a hand.

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    57
    Hey Drummerboy - I've been meaning to come out to help Ron King but just haven't done so yet. My kids have soccer games Sat AM so it's been difficult to get around those. One of these days! Are you one of the bike polo people? If so, I'm sure I've seen you out there.

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by chadalex78 View Post
    Which one?
    6 mile loop with tons of switch-backs going counter-clockwise is the best imho. I rode the two smaller loops Sunday. The one on the left comming from the parking lot clockwise and the one on the right counter-clockwise. Only 8 miles I think but solid. I love the flow of the hobbs trails and the LONG climbs.

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by buzbom99 View Post
    6 mile loop with tons of switch-backs going counter-clockwise is the best imho. I rode the two smaller loops Sunday. The one on the left comming from the parking lot clockwise and the one on the right counter-clockwise. Only 8 miles I think but solid. I love the flow of the hobbs trails and the LONG climbs.
    Hobbs is badass! I rode all but one in one day.... They are all good IMO! Planning to head back soon.

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Drummerboy1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by adinar View Post
    Hey Drummerboy - I've been meaning to come out to help Ron King but just haven't done so yet. My kids have soccer games Sat AM so it's been difficult to get around those. One of these days! Are you one of the bike polo people? If so, I'm sure I've seen you out there.
    No, sorry, not a polo guy but would love to watch and maybe even participate one day.

    As for Ron, he has works days on Tuesdays until 7pm as well.

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975 View Post
    No, sorry, not a polo guy but would love to watch and maybe even participate one day.

    As for Ron, he has works days on Tuesdays until 7pm as well.
    Unfortunately, soccer practices are Tuesdays. I will make it out on a Sat morning soon!

    Bike polo meets Tues evenings & Sunday afternoons, weather permitting. You should come out! We'd love to have you and have you try it out! I've only been playing for about 6 months or so and it turned out to be more fun than I expected. If you need a bike, someone will be more than willing to let you use theirs.

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Drummerboy1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by chadalex78 View Post
    Love this place! so much fun and easy to look at.... Like my girlfriend.
    So your selling your Kona?

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975 View Post
    So your selling your Kona?
    Im entertaining the idea...

  16. #116
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975 View Post
    So your selling your Kona?
    U saw it on Craigslist?

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    27
    Pea ridge

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    267
    Richmond, VA. What? I grew up in LR and went to school at UofA Fayetteville. Wasn't riding mountain bikes back then darn it. Still come back to visit. Hit up Camp Robinson a couple of years ago. Planning ot hit Pinnacle this summer and who knows what else -- time permitting. As they years go by, I hope to branch out and nab some trails further out. Hello Womble.
    Am I all zipped up?

    Escaping the Dreary Confines

  19. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6
    Fort Smith here. In the last month i've been to Springhill, Ben Geren, Devil's Den, Hobbs. Plan on going to Lee Creek soon.
    Thinking about doing the XC races at Eureka Springs and LR this month.

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8
    SpringHill??? Not familiar with it. I was curious about who all is going to Fatty fest, I was going to make a thread for it put you have to have 5 posts to do so... From what I hear it's going to be HUGE though, ridiculous amounts of people. I was just up there the other day and it was packed with people pre riding already.

    How is Devils Den by the way? I've never made my way down there in 5 years of riding, it's ridiculous.

    I'm in Bella Vista by the way. Spend every other day either at Slaughter Pen or Blowing Springs. VERY rarely I go out to Hobbs, VERY rarely.

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyapple92 View Post
    SpringHill??? Not familiar with it. I was curious about who all is going to Fatty fest, I was going to make a thread for it put you have to have 5 posts to do so... From what I hear it's going to be HUGE though, ridiculous amounts of people. I was just up there the other day and it was packed with people pre riding already.

    How is Devils Den by the way? I've never made my way down there in 5 years of riding, it's ridiculous.

    I'm in Bella Vista by the way. Spend every other day either at Slaughter Pen or Blowing Springs. VERY rarely I go out to Hobbs, VERY rarely.
    Springhill is in Barling, just east of Ft. Smith.... Devils Den is awesome... Good ride and cant beat the scenery. Why dont you go to Hobbs? Its like Blowing Springs only longer... Well, no jumps or cliffs or drops really, but fast and fun. Love Blowing and Slaughter though, wish our City would hire PTD to fix up our trail systems... Doubt they would though.

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8
    Oh, okay. I'll have to head over to DD soon, haven't been there since a field trip I went on in 7th grade.

    Hobbs... It left a bad first impression and I just haven't been there enough to get rid of that. It was a lot of work as I recall, no flow whatsoever, lots of horses and what comes out the end of them. I'm sure it is a great ride but trails are like girls to me, if my first impression is filled with tons of hard work, no fun flowy bits, big brow butts and the smell of feces...

    Well you're not getting a second date...

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyapple92 View Post
    Oh, okay. I'll have to head over to DD soon, haven't been there since a field trip I went on in 7th grade.

    Hobbs... It left a bad first impression and I just haven't been there enough to get rid of that. It was a lot of work as I recall, no flow whatsoever, lots of horses and what comes out the end of them. I'm sure it is a great ride but trails are like girls to me, if my first impression is filled with tons of hard work, no fun flowy bits, big brow butts and the smell of feces...

    Well you're not getting a second date...
    I went just as it got warm enough in spring.. Not a horse or another bike on the trail... Its very flowy actually... There is like two hard climbs, but alot of flow as well. Go back and check it out, like on a weekday or something....

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8
    I usually ride when no one else is around, so no worries there. I guess I'll add it to the list of places I need to ride. I still haven't checked out Syllamo or Womble yet either. I'm a disgrace to all Arkansas mountain bikers.

    But Hobbs is close enough by that I don't really need to set aside a whole day or anything, I'll head out there within the week.

  25. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6
    Just booked my hotel for fatty fest. Anyone know if there will be shuttles provided after the XC race or we should provide our own?

  26. #126
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7
    Fayetteville. just started riding last week.

  27. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Fort Smith

  28. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    19
    new guy from Fayetteville here - just getting back into mountain biking. looking for some guys to ride with

  29. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    37
    Fort Smith here. Going to Ben Geren tonight around 6:30. Come out and join me.

  30. #130
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    Eureka Springs AR. Fairly new rider but can keep a decent pace. Looking to go ride in the buffalo area wherever they will allow me this weekend.

  31. #131
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    985
    Hobbs sounds awesome!! I'll try it next weekend.

  32. #132
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    37
    Euark have you been to SlaughterPen in Bentonville? I I haven't been there yet but can't wait to get there. It looks awesome.

  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    37
    Double post

  34. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    @ Bfletch1310 No, I haven't. I have been mainly riding lake leatherwood and all the trails throughout eureka springs. we have a solid two hour network of trails just in the town that are not a whole lot of people no about.

  35. #135
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Euark View Post
    @ Bfletch1310 No, I haven't. I have been mainly riding lake leatherwood and all the trails throughout eureka springs. we have a solid two hour network of trails just in the town that are not a whole lot of people no about.
    I have always been curious about the trails in the town of eureka springs. I was hoping a local could show me the in-town network of trails. They look like they are a lot of fun to ride and would be an excellent addition to lake leatherwood trails. How do you like the trails in town? Worth the trip from Ft. Smith?

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    37
    I love our trails in Fort Smith. W have Ben Geren park that has a little bit for everyone. There is Springhill park not far from here it's good for everyone smooth flowing not to ruff. Then there is another single track in Van Buren not to far from here. I haven't ridden it yet but have talked to some people about it and said it was a bit tougher than Ben Geren but a very good trail as well. Anytime you want to come down I'd be more than happy to show you the trails I know just let me know and we will work out the details.

  37. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    @ ostdj2012; The trails in town are pretty new and I thought they were a little more difficult than some spots in leatherwood for that purpose alone. There are some loose gravel spots that make it tricky. other than that they are fantastic. We have a few really awesome gravity cavities. I think it is good for all levels of riders because it's not just one trail. Essentially you can be done anytime you want. if I cann get my hands on a trail map I will post it. with the network of trails in eureka and the leatherwood trails you could easily spend a weekend riding out here. there are even trails taking you from town down into lake leatherwood.

    @bfletch; I have not been to fort smith for their trails. I read up on some @ mtbark.com which is a pretty decent archive for trails in AR by region or trail name. I plan on skippin town and heading down toward the buffalo river area this friday after I get off work at 5 and seeing what I can get myself into. if anyone knows any trails out there give me a heads up. read something about a 37 mile loop. been thinking about doin that if it's not too difficult. Still researching everything tho so any info anyone has would be awesome!

  38. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    985
    I'm moving down to Bella Vista in a month or so. My fiancé and I rode blowing springs last weekend and we hit up slaughterpen today. Love riding phase I. We will be hitting this trail up all winter. My Airborne is fantastic on the rough stuff. Although my fiancé is not pleased with her Felt.

  39. #139
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    123

  40. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    456

  41. #141
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    sorry

  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    for

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    this

  44. #144
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5
    I am currently in Lowell. I'm going to school in Fayetteville, but I came from Russellville. So far I've ridden Lake Fayetteville, Phase I and (some) Phase II of Slaughterpen, as well as Blowing Springs. The options are great up here!

  45. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Ben Geren in the Fort.... Fall time is schweet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where are all my Arkansans at !?-539560_502632769749460_41953025_n.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-581018_506721116007292_1870617445_n.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-269837_504691779543559_170703271_n.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-409657_472853789394025_901302259_n.jpg  


  46. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    37
    Chad the third picture is new addition isn't it?

  47. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by bfletch1310 View Post
    Chad the third picture is new addition isn't it?
    Yep.. Its fun... Sposed to be some new stuff goin on out there like that.. Hopin the trail gets a little more aggressive for people that like to ride like that...

  48. #148
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    57
    bfletch - I rode at Springhill for the first time at the AMBCS race several weeks ago. Really fun, fast, flowy trail! I heard good things about Ben Geren too but haven't had a chance to ride out there yet.

  49. #149
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    37
    Ben Geren is my go to trail. It's my favorite in the area. But I haven't got out to Lee Creek yet. If you get a chance Ben Geren is well worth it.

  50. #150
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by bfletch1310 View Post
    Ben Geren is my go to trail. It's my favorite in the area. But I haven't got out to Lee Creek yet. If you get a chance Ben Geren is well worth it.
    Lee Creek is fun but in very bad shape last time I was there... Needs a lot of work, but its fun to ride... More challenging and technical than Springhill or BG.

  51. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Springhill today... Awesome day on the trail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where are all my Arkansans at !?-285632_508032852542785_979233716_n.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-155352_508039765875427_360739137_n.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-530798_508039892542081_1620885638_n.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-578358_508029769209760_1405719934_n.jpg  


  52. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    57
    Anyone else racing at Iron Mountain on Sunday?

  53. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    70
    Just got this awesome machine today and put it through it's paces out at Ben geren. Needless to say this thing is way more capable than me. I am hoping to eventually catch up to the bike's capabilities. Taking it to the womble tomorrow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where are all my Arkansans at !?-20121026_111708.jpg  


  54. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by otsdj2012 View Post
    Just got this awesome machine today and put it through it's paces out at Ben geren. Needless to say this thing is way more capable than me. I am hoping to eventually catch up to the bike's capabilities. Taking it to the womble tomorrow!
    Sick bike mane!!

  55. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by otsdj2012 View Post
    Just got this awesome machine today and put it through it's paces out at Ben geren. Needless to say this thing is way more capable than me. I am hoping to eventually catch up to the bike's capabilities. Taking it to the womble tomorrow!
    Sexy? Check!!

  56. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    Where is the Lee Creek TH?

  57. #157
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Euark View Post
    Where is the Lee Creek TH?
    At Lee Creek Reservoir park where you put your boat in... There is a sign to the right of the restrooms... There is also another trailhead across the road called the damn overlook trail. But its not as good as the main trail.

  58. #158
    mtbr member
    Reputation: UtherLazarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    45
    Another Fort Smith rider here, I mostly ride Ben Geren because I live right across from the park and I can ride to and from the trail on my bike. I do like to get out to Spring Hill and Lee Creek on the weekends though. However, I've been out of commission with a broken hand since late September, and I won't be able to get back on my bike until mid November at best.

    Speaking of Lee Creek, the last time I rode out there was a little over two months ago and parts of it were very over grown and in other parts it wasn't clear where the trail continued (which led to some confusion on my part because I don't ride out there enough to have every facet of the trail memorized). It's a very fun trail, but a little maintenance could go a long way in making it much better. In terms of difficulty, I'd say it's far and above harder than anything at Ben Geren, so for you other River Valley riders out there that have mastered everything Ben Geren has to offer and want a trail close to home to really test your skills, Lee Creek is a great place to ride

  59. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    37
    We rode Springhill today and it was packed. There had to have been 20 bikes on the trail at any given time. It's not as good as BG IMO but it certainly has its fun parts too. I went OTB off one of the tall bridges today. Nothing hurt but my pride.


    Found a Halloween tree out there. It might have been there the whole time but I never noticed it.
    Hope everyone had at least one good ride this weekend the weather was perfect for it.
    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351471216.170554.jpg

  60. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    70
    I rode the Womble yesterday. Me and a buddy did an out and back from 298 TH to Reed Mountain and back. We saw a bunch of people out there. The yellow leaves on the trail made for an interesting ride, little more dangerous, but also more beautiful. Great views on the trail as well! Riding here in the river valley never prepares you for the sustained climbs out there. I feel fortunate though to have 12-13 miles of trail at ben geren and 10 miles out at springhill close to my home.

  61. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    37
    Went to Spadra Creek in Clarksville yesterday. It was a nice little ride had two flats so ended up carrying the bike out instead of riding it. Guess I need to carry stuff to fix more than one flat. Where are all my Arkansans at !?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352048176.742156.jpg

  62. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    103
    Not sure how many members here ride in NEA but I wanted to get the word out that the Craighead Forest trails are pretty good lately. It seems more people than usual have been steeping up to do trail maintenance and even building new features. There's new jumps, new berms, and new bridges.

  63. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by UtherLazarus View Post
    Speaking of Lee Creek, the last time I rode out there was a little over two months ago and parts of it were very over grown and in other parts it wasn't clear where the trail continued (which led to some confusion on my part because I don't ride out there enough to have every facet of the trail memorized). It's a very fun trail, but a little maintenance could go a long way in making it much better. In terms of difficulty, I'd say it's far and above harder than anything at Ben Geren, so for you other River Valley riders out there that have mastered everything Ben Geren has to offer and want a trail close to home to really test your skills, Lee Creek is a great place to ride
    If you enjoy the challenge of Lee Creek; Greenleaf (Ankle Express) in Braggs, OK is another step up or two in difficulty and it's not too far from Arkansas. I don't suggest riding this trail alone though, and be sure to take plenty of water,food, tools, parts, etc... since there's really no shortcuts back to the trial head.

    This is my local trail and I really enjoy it because it feels like real mountain biking when compared to the groomed tracks like springhill and ben geren.

  64. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Andyman_1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    74
    North Little Rock here. Rode for 10 years up until about 2006, then 'life' happened. Got back into this summer, cleaned off the Blur and got back out on the trails. Mostly Burns Park for now, but going to get a pass out to Camp for myself and my wife and probably start hitting some of the trails in the HS area as well.

    Red Trail at Burns Park from this summer.........

  65. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Andyman_1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    74
    Double post..........

  66. #166
    mtbr member
    Reputation: UtherLazarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by coke View Post
    If you enjoy the challenge of Lee Creek; Greenleaf (Ankle Express) in Braggs, OK is another step up or two in difficulty and it's not too far from Arkansas. I don't suggest riding this trail alone though, and be sure to take plenty of water,food, tools, parts, etc... since there's really no shortcuts back to the trial head.

    This is my local trail and I really enjoy it because it feels like real mountain biking when compared to the groomed tracks like springhill and ben geren.

    Man, that Greenleaf trail certainly looks like the real deal. In my current shape, I doubt I'd be able to do it, but it definitely looks like something to work towards. I'm in the process of getting back in shape after my 8 week hiatus to let my broken hand heal and rehabilitate. Hopefully I can try it out before the weather gets oppressive

  67. #167
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2
    Cabot here. Burns is my regular ride but love going to Cedar Glades when I can.

  68. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    985
    Any good local MTB forums around bentonville for good parts searching? I'm trying to move an Orbea carbon alma frame cuz i'm thinking of a yelli screamy

  69. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    125

    Womble?

    How are the conditions on the Womble? Wet, snow?

  70. #170
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Lee Creek is coming together nicely... Big ups to all the people involved in getting it together!!! (Blair, Austen, JJ, etc.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where are all my Arkansans at !?-307288_538930706119666_1197972838_n.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-252142_538931052786298_981141288_n.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-227744_538931139452956_1483209785_n.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-206097_538931096119627_1082311994_n.jpg  

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-430887_538685136144223_1124105889_n.jpg  


  71. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bluebomberx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    172
    Checking in from Conway.

  72. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by chadalex78 View Post
    Lee Creek is coming together nicely... Big ups to all the people involved in getting it together!!! (Blair, Austen, JJ, etc.)
    where is lee creek at? Looks amazing!

  73. #173
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    where is lee creek at? Looks amazing!
    Lee Creek Reservoir... Northside of Van Buren off HWY 59... Google it and I think you can get the info.

  74. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    32
    Russellville here

  75. #175
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    148
    Hot Springs here, well actually I live in Royal about 10 miles west of HS near lake Ouachita. Only been riding about 6 weeks but I'm hooked. I've ridden two different sections of Lake Ouachita Vista, all the trails at Iron Mountain, Bear Creek, and Cedar Glades. If anyone else in my area wants to ride sometime send me a PM. I'm usually good to ride on the weekends.

  76. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dusty Trails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    394
    It's been a while since I've been on here. I'd just like to report that the trails at Craighead Forest Park look great. Good on whoever went out and done the maintenance and added the features and trail marking/naming signs.

  77. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?

    NWA here. There are lots of nice trails around here to ride. I've only been mountain biking about a year, but I'm enjoying every minute of it! Why didn't I start when I was younger?!?!!

    Here are my favorite places:
    Slaughter pen in bentonville
    Blowing Dprings in Bella Vista
    Hobbs State park outside Rogers
    Devils Den in Fayetteville
    Lake Fayetteville
    Lake Leatherwood in Eureka Springs.

    I went through 3 Walmart bikes (big mistake) before getting this. It's a great beginner bike.
    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373481165.088506.jpg

    KHS Winslow 29er

    I have upgraded the grips, chain, derailed, seat, and tires.

  78. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    103

    Re: Where are all my Arkansans at !?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Trails View Post
    It's been a while since I've been on here. I'd just like to report that the trails at Craighead Forest Park look great. Good on whoever went out and done the maintenance and added the features and trail marking/naming signs.
    +1 CHF is one of the best around I'm my opinion.

  79. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10

    Where are all my Arkansans at !?

    Got a little mud yesterday around the lake. Where are all my Arkansans at !?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1374088561.839882.jpg
    Where are all my Arkansans at !?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1374088571.854788.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Arkansans come play March madness
    By Angus in forum Southeast/Midsouth - GA, TN, AL, FL, MS, LA, AR
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 04:44 AM
  2. Arkansans invade the dirty south, pictures
    By ThoughtfulPirate in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 06:42 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •