mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Whats the rid'n like in Nashville??

Im moving to Nashville, TN from the Atlanta area and have been reading the trail reviews but is there any locals who might enlighten me as where to ride? I single speed and I ride a Blur and any insight would be appreciated.

Zacharoo

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Depending on where you live, I'd say Chickasaw Trace in Columbia (about 40 minutes south of Nashville) would be your best bet on the single speed. Pretty well groomed singletrack, about 8 miles total length. No technical areas to speak of, but there are some fun somewhat rooty ups/downs to be had throughout the system. I ride a fs and a hardtail here, depending on my mood.

For more technical riding, I'd hit Hamilton Creek. This is a much more technical ride, lot of rock and even a fun little ladder jump to hit on the back side of the trail. You can ride the ss here, but I'd suggest the fs bike (depending on the age of your bones) for comfort sake.

I consider Montgomery Bell to be a combinatin of both trails, not as technical as Hamilton Creek but with some fun sections. But is doesn't flow as well as Chickasaw, in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Your best bet is to talk with the SORBA-Mid-TN folks or on the forums of Nashville MTB. The latter is a great resource to trail descriptions and local knowledge. (They also host the local SORBA forum).

http://www.sorbamidtn.org/
    http://nashvillemountainbike.com/

Vertical Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thax
    Depending on where you live...
    Chickasaw Trace
    Hamilton Creek
    Montgomery Bell
    Three great trails. Can't say I have enjoyed one more than the others. +1 on the solid beta above.

Personally, I would start with the closest.

-uprocks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Everyone has left out Lock 4 which is one of the best trails in the area.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO XX1 Build
    2015 Niner Bikes Ambassador; Chattanooga, TN

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Absolutely right about Lock 4. Probably the fastest trail I've ever ridden..very buff and normally tacky..
    I failed to mention as it's too far away for me and I'm only 15 mins from Columbia..

Members who have read this thread: 0