Paulding SORBA Secretary

Weekend at Oak Mountain

My son, his best friend, my best friend(s) took a trip to Oak Mountain. Great friends, great ride, look forward to next year!

Fridays mid ride break

"The Pro Pose"

"Blood Knee Creek"

Derek

My son Kiefer

My son's friend, Drake Lindsey (This kid is too fast for his own good!)

Scott "Heckles" Bedwell

Kiefer just below Blood Knee Creek

Drake

Scott

Kiefer

Drake

Drake hugged him a little tree, the tree bit him!

Hanging out in camp.

A few bike shots

Flowers along the trail!

Over all this was a great weekend spent with family and friends! Look forward to this trip again next year..That is all!
    Scott Martin - VP - Trail Director
    Paulding SORBA
    www.pauldingsorba.org

mtbr member

Great Pictures

A couple of really nice shots of Johnson's Bridge and of Blood Rock. It really is a great place to spend the weekend.

Looks like one of the boys got into the poison ivy? Maybe it isn't a bad case.......

Glad you enjoyed the weekend...come back soon.

n3rd
    Great pics.. are you the guy(s) that were posting on the sorba rides forum about doing Oak Mtn? I randomly check in there but post mainly on here.

Planning on heading up there myself next weekend.. your pics make me want to get up there right now!

Al.
    Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by BianchiDude

watch out for those little bastages.

banned
    Cool pictures. I was up there this weekend. Fat guy on an IndyFab 29er SS. I think I saw ya'll on the run in to Blood Rock. You were ahead of me but I think I recognize the Bianchi. Don't see many at OM. Anyway, outstanding pictures.

At Work
    great pics of Blood Rock........... you know your getting older when you can remember blood rock before all the rocks where there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! use to be smooth almost coming off that last switchback before dropping down into it!!!!!!!!! Been too chicken to ride down it!!!!!!!!! but usually alone when I am there!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Great Trip indeedy!

Had a great time riding with the fellers and made a new friend in the process.

Trail is really showing signs of heavy travel but holding up nicely.

I used to favor CCW direction but after this weekend I like CW as it's seems to flow better!

In two weeks me and the Bianchipoot are headed to DuPont for his first time.

At Work
    I have ridden both directions, but CW direction does flow better for the singletrack sections along the base of Oak Mountain. By going CCW coming down the red trail hill with the waterbars is fun, but overall CW direction is better.......... Johnsons Mountain is good regardless of direction, if CW it is more technical down hill, of CCW then you get a fast downhill after the climb to the top.............

Members who have read this thread: 0