Expert Crasher

Tuskegee National Forest tomorrow (Oct 8, 07)

I'm planning on 4-5 hours at Tuskegee tomorrow, will ride Pleasant Hill and the bike open part of Bartram. Plan to be at the FR900 parking lot (Pleasant Hill trail head off Wire Road Exit) at 7 a.m. if anyone wants to come.

I'm going to be riding my single speed so I won't be a rocket through the woods, just looking for a change from Swayback and a good, long workout.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

n3rd
    (Insert random expletives here about people with federal jobs or jobs that observe more than four holidays a year)

Have a good ride man!

Also do a few miles for me while I'm pounding away on a keyboard/pounding my head on the desk.

Expert Crasher
    Yes - it's nice to work for the Uncle sometimes! The travel benefits are worth it alone (like the exotic desert locations).
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

n3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo
    Yes - it's nice to work for the Uncle sometimes! The travel benefits are worth it alone (like the exotic desert locations).

I know! This guy at work got to go on a 1 year vacation to an exotic desert location since he works for the Uncle part-time.. Too bad his 1 year is up in like 2 weeks hah!

Expert Crasher
    32 miles today and I'm smoked. Bartram trail is in SERIOUS need of trailwork. It's too overgrown to be enjoyable. For the first time ever, I had vegetation grab a fork control (in this case, my rebound adjust) and max it out. It's got great potential but it's no fun when you can't see where the heck you are going b/c branches are smacking you in the face or hands or grabbing bars or......

Pleasant Hill was nice though, much sandier than I remember last time, yet perfectly good for some SSing.

n3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo
    32 miles today and I'm smoked. Bartram trail is in SERIOUS need of trailwork. It's too overgrown to be enjoyable. For the first time ever, I had vegetation grab a fork control (in this case, my rebound adjust) and max it out. It's got great potential but it's no fun when you can't see where the heck you are going b/c branches are smacking you in the face or hands or grabbing bars or......

Pleasant Hill was nice though, much sandier than I remember last time, yet perfectly good for some SSing.
    I don't think anyone maintains it anymore..

I'd be willing to go up there and work a day in the winter if some other people join in.. real nice ranger used to work there when i was in Auburn and there was maintenance like once a year (seemed like, maybe nobody told me about it though ).. doubt he's still there though.

Expert Crasher
    Might be worth it this winter.

Members who have read this thread: 0