GTL
    mtbr member

Syllamo's Revenge

Anyone have the skinny on the event date or when registration will open up?
    Le Tour de Tick MTB Race every April - 04/25/10 www.missouritrailssociety.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    May 3rd is the date

GTL
    mtbr member
    Thanks!
    Le Tour de Tick MTB Race every April - 04/25/10 www.missouritrailssociety.blogspot.com

mtbr member

it says TBA here. But that sounds about right.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

hambone_b_fast
    The Arkansas MTB Marathon Series is showing a date of May 3rd. Be sure to be on bike reg as soon as registration opens. If it goes anything like the Ouachita reg then it won't last but a few hours before all slots are full.

http://www.dltmultisport.com/Spa_Cit...for%202008.pdf

hambone_b_fast
    I just got this email about this year's Syllamo's:

Hey Everyone!

Sorry about the delay in getting this out. I'd give you a great excuse as to why I haven't gotten this out sooner, but we all know the old saying about excuses!

I just wanted to let you know that the 2008 Syllamo's Revenge will be on May 3, 2008. I'm planning to open registration on BikeReg.com on January 15th @ 12:01am.

The website is being updated with all of this years info, but isn't ready yet. I'll get it done ASAP. I'll promise all of you that this year's Revenge will be even better than those in years past!

This years event will not have a Race and Tour. It will be one event. Race if you want, or take your time and enjoy one of the best trails in the USA! All riders results will be recorded and posted!

There will be 4 Men's Divisions (including a 50+) Women's, and Single Speed. Age will be as of 12/31/2008. All divisions will pay prize money in addition to the Stone Awards.

I'm also adding a team award this year for the team that has the lowest total for it's top 5 finishers.

Due to Forest Service restrictions, there will only be 350 spots, and when they're gone, registration will close.

I hope to have all the details on the site by Monday.

Good luck, and I'll see 350 of you on May 3rd!

--
    Have a great day!

Steve Parker
    Syllamo's Revenge

GTL
    mtbr member
    Who's staying awake to be the 1st to sign up?

hambone_b_fast
    It'll be 11:01 central

GTL
    mtbr member

Syllamo sign up

Yea but 9:30 is late for me
    Got in for two spots at about 3:15am (central) We be in and now just got to get ready

What could go wrong ...
    I was at this event 2 years ago .. stayed at Anglers on the White River ... great riding on incredible trails ... but they wouldnt let me ride down the caverns for some reason
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

hambone_b_fast
    See everyone on May.....it's training time. Peace!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

SS gearing for Syllamo

I'm doing Syllamo this year for a second time in a row but on a 26" SS. I'm trying to figure what would be the best gear combination. I did this year's Spa City race with a 34/18 combo and it was perfect, but I know Syllamo's hills are longer and if I recall correctly, don't switch back as much. I'm leaning towards a 33/19 but might try to push a 33/18. I would appreciate feedback from other SS's.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Anyone from Northwest Arkansas going? I'm in Fayetteville and looking for a ride to the event. Gas is expensive, I'll split the cost.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I'm a Syllamo first timer riding SS 29er. Also interested in kamakazeesugars gear question. Also, are there refuelling/support opurtunities or is it more "take it all with you"

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dwilson
    I'm a Syllamo first timer riding SS 29er. Also interested in kamakazeesugars gear question. Also, are there refuelling/support opurtunities or is it more "take it all with you"
    In response to your gear question, I read another post where a 29er used a 32/19 last year and another that has used a 32/21. It's all going to depend on how strong a rider you are. I'm hearing a 32/18 is common for a 26, but I might be going to a 32/20, still experimenting. I don't recall a lot of flat sections that would require heavy spinning. The key there is to have a light bike that rolls fast. It's an endurance race and I want to able to climb efficiently at the beginning and at the end. We plan to get there early friday and do a warm up ride on the first loop. I've resolved myself to making my final selection then.
    Concerning race support, if I recall correctly, the check points are located at fire road connectors which will enable a support person to go from check point to check point. Last year there were helpers there with coolers for filling camelbacks and some food. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by kamakazeesugar; 04-27-2008 at 02:27 PM.

meh... whatever

carpool to syllamos?

im leaving from dallas friday, coming back immediately after the race.

split gas in a tdi that gets sick mileage even with bikes on the roof.

pm if interested.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

For race dates +

Go to mtbracenews.com/calendar/ for races in your state.

Members who have read this thread: 0