Man up
    Sep 2010

San Felasco ride report

Went out for a nice ride this morning, turned out to be dark at my intended departure time. Luckily for me, when I showed up late there were two guys there for the first time from Jax and they were meeting a couple from Jax who were going to show them around. Turns out the couple had never been out to the backside of SF, so I decided to take all of them out to Pine for You and hit most of the trails on the way back to give them a good representation of SF. We hit all the trails on the way back and the weather was great. We then decided to hit Conquistador. This was a huge accomplishment for me: this was my first ride with clipless pedals and my first time on Conquistador with the singlespeed. I wouldn't have made the climb without the pedals/shoes. There was a time when I was almost doing a track-stand while pushing/pulling as hard as could and about to rip the bar ends off...but I cleared all the climbs (had to definitely stop for breathers at the tops of the hills). Only one clipless fail standing during a break, left foot down, started falling to the right, couldn't unclip...kablooey. Laughed my ace off.
    Outstanding ride, great company, and a personal milestone. Now I can work up to doing a lap of Conquistador with no breaks.
    Jesse
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines
    (Most) always down for a ride in the Gville area

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yeah, Conquistador has some steep hills. Very nice trail.
    2011 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Rig
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

Members who have read this thread: 0