Single Speed

Poker Run in Hot Springs AR

Atilla the Hun Poker Run
    (There is a bon-fire, live music and weenie roast after this event & a xc bike race on Sunday, camping is allowed in the park)
    Saturday, November 17, 2007, 3:30pm

Registration Fee: $2.00, nonrefundable, includes 5 cards
    Additional cards available for $1 each (limit of 4)
    Buy as many hands as you want for $2 each (no mixing cards between multiple hands)
    Route: Approx. 9 miles; Starts & Finish at Wildcat Pavillion at Cedar Glades Park
    Restrictions: All participants are restricted to designated route. Anyone riding off trail will be immediately disqualified with no refund.
    All participants must wear a helmet.
    Poker Run Rules: Each rider must draw one card for each hand purchased at each of five stations along the route. Participants may buy as many hands as they want for $2. Participants not riding may buy a hand if they have someone to ride the designated route for them. All eligible hands must go around the route on a bicycle. At the fifth stop, Wildcat Pavillion, participants may purchase additional cards for $1 each (limit of 4 additional cards per hand). The rider holding the best poker hand at the completion of the run will take home a cash prize and there will be other prizes. All riders will be required to sign a waiver, and riders under 18 years of age must have the signature of a parent or guardian to participate. All participants must wear a helmet.

For more info go to the Keep It Single Speed or send me a PM.

This is the first Poker Run at this trail system, and we plan to have a Poker Run series this winter. One per month in January, February, March and April. $10 per hand with unlimited hands, and $3 per card to discard. 50% paid to cash prize at each run, with 30% accumulated from each run and added to the cash prize for the final poker run. Participants must ride in 3 out of 4 poker runs to be eligible for the final cash prize.
    Last edited by fatad; 11-12-2007 at 03:59 PM.

mtbr member
    fatad,

i didn't make it to the poke run, but i did the sunday race. Cedar Glades has a really fun trail system.

i don't remember seeing the Soma out there. did you do the race too?

Single Speed
    Yes. Raced SS, 2nd this race, 3rd for the season. It was a great year and a lot of fun courses. The poker run was great. We had 18 people show up and ended up with a $75 cash prize and other prizes. Hope you can make to one later in the winter.

Members who have read this thread: 0