Expert Crasher

Passion X-post, Montgomery/29er artsy picture action

So many good photographers out there posting some great pics - I thought I'd try my hand at some artsy stuff.

With the 1" of rain this weekend, I assume Swayback, which would have easily soaked up the inch before leaves, is probably still wet due to the thick leaf coverings so I headed down to Blount Cultural Park to spend a few hours spinning around the walking paths. Great lighting, great scenery so I did some experimenting with the manual settings on my Canon SD550 (circa 2006). I like the results....

B&W (I like how only a few of the spokes are highlighted)

Vivid Color

My attempt at a composition type photo

Another composition photo (maybe). My wife likes trees so that was the main capture.

a little sepia action

it's been a long time since I used 35mm film so I've forgotten what the ISO settings are for, but IIRC, ISO 400 is for outdoor fast action sports, ISO 50 or 100 is for still photos?

Anyway - thanks for looking.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Not Smart Enough to Quit
    I see you DID go home & wash it!

I just got home from a 2.5 hour SSride & actually the trail was in perfect shape tonight.

Very nice pics! I just picked up aa Olympus DLSR & I hope I can be as creative (if &) when I figure it out. Shakespear park is truely a wonderful place to take pictures since there is a wide variety of sceneray and subject matter.

Here are some of my attempts an non biking related photography;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The standing eight count & three knockdown rules are in effect on this trail.

http://compvelo.com/content/

Expert Crasher
    Ed - you caught me. I did clean it up after the rainy ride on Sat.

That duck looks like the flock out by the planetoreum, some sort of turkey/duck looking hybrid?

I'm headed out to Swayback here in a few minutes. The call of dirt was too loud, must answer it.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Not Smart Enough to Quit
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo
    Ed - you caught me. I did clean it up after the rainy ride on Sat.

That duck looks like the flock out by the planetoreum, some sort of turkey/duck looking hybrid?

I'm headed out to Swayback here in a few minutes. The call of dirt was too loud, must answer it.
    Lucky dog!

Yeah, some of those ducks are ugly as the south end of a northbound mule! They like to hang out at the pond in front of the theater. I assume that what you are calling the planetarium is the Museum of Fine Arts. If you haven't been in there, you should check it out!
    The standing eight count & three knockdown rules are in effect on this trail.

http://compvelo.com/content/

Expert Crasher
    I've been to the museum, pretty nice touch of culture here in the deep south - the whole Blount cultural park area is nice. East Montgomery more than makes up for the scary urban warfare zone that is Bell Street.

Quite enjoyed the museum, in fact, the clay face jugs inspired my 12 yr old daughter's entry into an art contest. She mimmicked a jug, applying girl power and ended up winning her age category - judges from the MMFA.

My Hope hub scared away the ducks but there is another fugly looking flock at the planetarium by Jackson Hospital. I was doing my best not to scare the ducks and old ladies out walking around.

Oh, Swayback was good today. Trail is nice and tacky (when you see dirt), still wet underneath the leaves though, I'm tempted to go blow it off (of course, drilling my left knee into the ground when my front tire washed out on one of those 90 degree hard left turns on the black route is NOT affecting my decision in the least). For some reason, I was the lone guy out there......

Go make a difference
    Good stuff guys!

Merry Christmas to ya's!
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

Members who have read this thread: 0