mtbr member

Now that we have a more local forum

Well, we didn't exactly get an Arkansas forum, but at least it's a little more local now.

Personally, I'm in the central AR (little rock) area. mostly ride with the Central Arkansas Recriational Pedalers (CARP club http://www.carpclub.com). Now that the days are so short, we do an urban ride every Wednesday night, starting at Cajun's Warf at 6 pm. And we have a group that rides on sundays at Camp Robinson at 2 pm. Anyone in the area want to jump in, buring it on baby.

BTW, you AR Freeride guys kick A$$. Good job out at Burns Park.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k0y0te
    Well, we didn't exactly get an Arkansas forum, but at least it's a little more local now.

Personally, I'm in the central AR (little rock) area. mostly ride with the Central Arkansas Recriational Pedalers (CARP club http://www.carpclub.com). Now that the days are so short, we do an urban ride every Wednesday night, starting at Cajun's Warf at 6 pm. And we have a group that rides on sundays at Camp Robinson at 2 pm. Anyone in the area want to jump in, buring it on baby.

thanks for the comment on us Freeride guys! If I had the lung capacity to hang with you racer guys maybe I'd meet up w/ ya'll- I'd be the one off the back
    Don't drink it

mtbr member
    Hey, most of us just wish we could ride the skinnies at burns park like you guys. personally, when my bike gets more than a couple of feet off the ground, i get nervous.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Do they meet every sunday year round?

mtbr member
    Year round.

There is also a group that meets at Outskirts bike shop in Bryant @ 1:00 every sunday. They generally ride a different trail every week.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    That is great news. I live in Conway so both of those locations sound nice. I am taking 20 hours at UCA and working full time, so a lot of the time I have to ride is at night. But, I do wind up with no work obligations on Sundays sometimes. Next time I am off work I will be out for some group riding. Sounds lots better than night riding by myself or with one friend in freezing or near freezing temps.

mtbr member
    you may try talking to Eric over at The Ride in Conway too. i think that they do some group rides on the weekend.

Where do you do night rides in conway??

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I usually just do road rides at night. My friends and I meet up at some place on the UCA campus and just take off to wherever. Depending on who is riding with us usually dictates were we go. I really like to take off down Hwy 64 towards Russelville because its maintained well and has very little traffic since it runs parallel to the interstate. We ride out to Morrilton and back quite a bit.

mtbr member

night rides

I've really learned to love night rides in the winter time. It's just hard to find anyone that wants go along. Most of the night riders here in Little Rock stick to the roads. And I'm a big ol chicken when it comes to trail riding at night by myself.

I start hearing the boogie man after a while. You know, he'll get ya if you stop to fix a flat tire.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I completely agree. Winter time is my favorite time to ride here in Arkansas because if you dress right, you don't get hot or cold. Nights can be more fun than days too just because of the extra degree of uncertainty. But, I don't usually do night mountain rides because I don't have someone to ride with and that is just a little too dangerous to do alone. I don't mind the extra risks of night time mountain biking but I don't want to be stuck out in BFE with a broke leg or knocked out freezing my balls off just because I didn't have enough sense to ride with a friend.

mtbr member

night ride

I agree, the last night/trail ride that i did solo left me four miles from the truck with an obliterated rear tire and dead batteries.

Walking your bike for over an hour in the middle of nowhere is not fun in the daytime. at night, with little or no light, it's torture.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    anybody know of any good trails to ride in south ark? or in the texarkana area?

im in monroe La. and the trails here are either boring now or just plain short. id love to come up to LR but its just to far for a single day trip.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    try looking at the trails section here on mtbr under the reviews menu. you may find some in several towns near you, near relatives, near old friends. i don't get to travel to a lot of different trails because it takes too long when working full time and in college full time. but, whenever i do get to go somewhere/have to go somewhere that may have fun trails I try to look them up online and make it a point to spend just a little extra time so I can try new things and places.

Int'l Man of Leisure
    Quote Originally Posted by superspec
    anybody know of any good trails to ride in south ark? or in the texarkana area?

im in monroe La. and the trails here are either boring now or just plain short. id love to come up to LR but its just to far for a single day trip.
    you can always ride the trails around Arcadia.. mile and mile of riding...

Or you could venture west and ride the trails around Shreveport.. even cruise over to Tyler Tx if you want more.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i didnt know arcadia had trails. i ride ruston alot though.

mtbr member
    superspec, your not going to find much in the texarkana area. check out last months MBA, they have a good section on LA trails. there are several good looking ones around shreveport.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ^^^ yea i have it. just wondering what was in southern ark and texarkana because i have a buddy there.

Trek Fueler

Are you guys going to be out at Camp this Sunday? I just moved up to Sherwood and am looking for a few people to ride with. My last riding partner is in NC so I have been doing solo rides, but it can get boring. Let me know if you guys will be out there, I would like to meet some of the local riders.
    Trek Fuel 80, Reba Team, XT drivetrain, Thomson controls, Mavic Crosslands

mtbr member
    Depending on how the weather looks, we'll be there.

Also, it's super bowl weekend, so the group will likely be kinda split up. Several guys are talking about doing either a Sat. ride or a Sun. morning ride instead of the usual 2pm Sun.

I'll send you a PM when I find out what everyone is doing. The more the merrier.

Trek Fueler
    Depending on how the weather looks, we'll be there.

Also, it's super bowl weekend, so the group will likely be kinda split up. Several guys are talking about doing either a Sat. ride or a Sun. morning ride instead of the usual 2pm Sun.

I'll send you a PM when I find out what everyone is doing. The more the merrier.

I thought of that after my post. I appreciate the info. I look forward to the ride.
    Trek Fuel 80, Reba Team, XT drivetrain, Thomson controls, Mavic Crosslands

Members who have read this thread: 0