mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Nashville in April - trail and rental recommendations needed

I live in Ontario and my girlfriend and I are flying to Nashville for 5 days at the beginning of April. We are not bringing our bikes and are looking for recommendations of where to rent trail bikes for a day and good trails to ride within an hour of Nashville. XC medium style trails are good. Thanks in advance!

WillWorkForTrail
    Rental: Cumberland Transit offers decent rental bikes for sure, you might check with Grand Fondo Trail, I'm not sure they offer rentals but if they do, they'll also be decent bikes.

Trails: Percy Warner Park MTB trails have a little something for everyone, and are in town. North of town Lock 4 is a fun ride. West of town Montgomery Bell has the best milage, sort of old school XC feel. Drop a line if you want when you're in town. I've been known to ride with out of town folks who want company familiar with the trails, so long as they don't mind riding with an old slow guy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    Rental: Cumberland Transit offers decent rental bikes for sure, you might check with Grand Fondo Trail, I'm not sure they offer rentals but if they do, they'll also be decent bikes.

Trails: Percy Warner Park MTB trails have a little something for everyone, and are in town. North of town Lock 4 is a fun ride. West of town Montgomery Bell has the best milage, sort of old school XC feel. Drop a line if you want when you're in town. I've been known to ride with out of town folks who want company familiar with the trails, so long as they don't mind riding with an old slow guy.
    I also am headed up to Nashville/Vanderbilt in May for a conference and i plan on driving up from Georgia and bringing my bike. Hoping to ride on Sunday prior to the conference and then on Tuesday on my way back South. Thanks for the trail info. I had briefly looked and there appear to be trails south of Nashville as well. I am a trail rider so big gnarly downhills are not my forte (at 52, i'm too old for that stuff! lol).

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Come check out the Perimeter Trail in Sewanee on your way up or back.
    woodysbicycles

WillWorkForTrail
    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulron View Post
    I also am headed up to Nashville/Vanderbilt in May for a conference and i plan on driving up from Georgia and bringing my bike. Hoping to ride on Sunday prior to the conference and then on Tuesday on my way back South. Thanks for the trail info. I had briefly looked and there appear to be trails south of Nashville as well. I am a trail rider so big gnarly downhills are not my forte (at 52, i'm too old for that stuff! lol).
    Like 202cyle mentioned, Sewanee, or check out Chickasaw Trace, or both. There's also ADEC, but I think they close for part of the day during Turkey season, and I don't remember when spring turkey is off the top of my head this year. Other than those three, pickings are slim between Nashville and Chattanooga. Stay tuned though, next year there should be a new trail in Murfreesboro.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Thanks 202cycle and Cotharyus, appreciate the info!

mtbr member
    I just moved to the Nashville area in January. Out of the trails on the east/south side Hamilton Creek is my favorite by far. Chickasaw and Percy Warner are both good too.