mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Looking for rides near Russellville, Arkansas

I will be in Russellville 12/8/07 thru 12/14/07 and I would appreciate any advice on the best riding in the area, and or bike to bring. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Gorilla; 11-19-2007 at 06:12 PM. Reason: I'm dumb and can't spell

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    C'mon there has to be some fellow singlespeeders in that area willing to help a brother out with some trails and directions....Anyone?

mtbr member
    I have never been on these trails, but here is list of Russellville trails.

http://www.mtbark.com/valley.html

Kevin

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thank you very much! Exactly what I needed!

mtbr member
    Old Post is a great trail. I've done the AMBCS race out there a couple of times.

Bring the singlespeed. Its kinda rocky out here, and the hills aren't bad. perfect for SS.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I took my 29er ss and I rode the Vista trail out and back, approx. 9mi. one way, for a total of 18mi.. Total climbing was a little over 2,000 ft.. I also rode the womble trail. I parked at the hwy 298 trailhead. The first day I rode north for around 11mi., and then returned the same route. The following day I rode from the same hwy 298 trailhead and rode south for about 11mi., returning on the same trail. Both of these rides totaled approx.3,300 ft. of climbing. Excellent ss trails with nice views. Highly recommended.

mtbr member
    Glad you had a good ride, the Womble is one of best trails in Arkansas. If you a racer you might check out http://www.ouachitachallenge.com/index.html (the tour is aleady full). They have a single speed catagory for the race.

Kevin

Members who have read this thread: 0