mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Looking for a freeride LBS in FL

I need some help. I have a Giant AC1 that I need to get serviced. I took it to a shop here in Jax but they kind of messed up the Shiver fork. Anyone know of a shop that deals more with freeride bikes than road bikes near me?

I am in Jacksonville but could travel to take it somewhere within a reasonable distance. I am kind of newer to the LBS scene in this area and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Dose not exist.

mtbr member
    what do you need done? i used to work at a bike shop here in jax, and i'm in the southside/beaches area....let me know if i can help i got tools galore here at my place....hit me with a PM if you want, we'll discuss your needs....

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Only place I know is "Bent's" in Lakeland.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by payedinsingles
    yeah it's a great site...but what does that have to do with competant bike shops that can work on his giant/fork combo?

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    If there is any "freeride" shop in FL I would say Atlantic Cycle.

yeah, uh............bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    If there is any "freeride" shop in FL I would say Atlantic Cycle.
    I heard they got a new owner that is taking the shop in a different direction.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Nevermind then! I think Atlanta is closer to Jax than Miami anyway haha.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFish
    I heard they got a new owner that is taking the shop in a different direction.
    what direction? another XC type place like every where else that says " I can order that for you". I don' t live close to atlantic but I was always sure to stop by if I was down that way. They were (are?) one of the few LBSs that actually stock badass parts that you could actually pick up feel and look at instead of just looking in a catalouge. All the guys that worked there seemed to be really knowldgeable. Hop ethe new owner doesn't change it too much.
    don't sweat the petty things, and pet the sweaty things

yeah, uh............bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by rekibtm
    what direction? another XC type place like every where else that says " I can order that for you". I don' t live close to atlantic but I was always sure to stop by if I was down that way. They were (are?) one of the few LBSs that actually stock badass parts that you could actually pick up feel and look at instead of just looking in a catalouge. All the guys that worked there seemed to be really knowldgeable. Hop ethe new owner doesn't change it too much.
    I read on freeridesouth a few months ago that they were selling off their FR stock, gear, bikes, and that a new owner was moving even more towards recumbent (sp?) bikes and cruiser or what I call "sidewalk" bikes.

I can't blame them though. You gotta sell what the market wants, adn the market in south florida is flooded with old folks or yuppies that wanna cruise by the beach once or twice a year on a POS bike.

Jackalope Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrder5
    yeah it's a great site...but what does that have to do with competant bike shops that can work on his giant/fork combo?

I think the point was to post the question on FRS. There are Jax riders who post there that might be able to help you.
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger"

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    a sale on there free ride stuff? It is probably over now though ,uh? I have been wanting to put some danger boy brake levers on my bike. They were th only place that stockes them. It is a shame that they are getin g out of the free ride thing, but I could see that there is not a hug emarket for it down here. Escpecially if the crew of freeriders are not working there to guid epeopl ein the right direction for that type of gear. Maybe it would be a god time t get a new urban HT frame.
    don't sweat the petty things, and pet the sweaty things

Members who have read this thread: 0