Thread: Jacksonville

mtbr member

Jacksonville

Anyone riding in the Jax??

Pogo Lover
    Jan 2006
    i do occasionally. at hannah and ft clinch. im from brunswick, so we venture down there everyother weekend or so. we usually ride the trail we built at blythe island.

mtbr member
    I'm new to this area, (Just moved from Miami) and I'm gonna check out Hanna tomorrow. If you have any other suggestions of trails either in JAX or south GA I'm all ears. I'll also see if I can find any info on the other you mentioned (Ft Clinch).

Pogo Lover
    Jan 2006
    ft clinch is on amelia island. about fifteen minute drive (plus ferry ride) up a1a from hanna park. there are plenty of signs for the fort on ameilia island and the people at the gate can tell you where to go, suggest going with someone that has ridden it a few times, its hard to see a couple of the section because of the tree line along the road. im going down there wednesday or thursday this week, depends when a customer's bike gets in.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I'll be in Brunswick mid Oct, how do I find out about the Blithe Island trails?

mtbr member
    Had a great time at Hanna Park today. Plenty of good trails, lots of roots and some tech spots. Gonna ride Ft Clinch next, but I cant make it this week Eskimo. Just let me know if you are gonna go down there next week sometime. Otherwise I'll hit up Hanna again next week.

Pogo Lover
    Jan 2006
    Ill head down that way next weekend hopefully ride down there before interbike. Number2 i put blythe island in the trail reviews section. if you want more info than that, contact the guys at Griffen Bike and Mower 912.262.0621 or me Jamie, at Benjy's Bike Shop 912.638.6766.

mtbr member
    Awesome! Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Thanks for the info, I'll be calling you when I hit town.

mtbr member
    "interbike"? Is that the comp that is taking place at Hanna Park this weekend? Ran into a local at Hanna while riding this past Monday and he was telling me about a comp that was taking place at Hanna this weekend.

Pogo Lover
    Jan 2006
    nope, thats the florida state champs i think or xterra. interbike is the big bike show in vegas.

mtbr member
    i'm in jax...ride hanna typically on a weekly basis...getting kinda sick of this area, but whatever it's riding...my buddy and i venture down to santos prob once a month or so...but anyway hit me up sometime we'll ride together....i PM here is prob the best way to get ahold of me, as a check my email compulsivly....

mtbr member
    I ride up at hannah every sat. and sun., drop me a line if you're looking for someone to ride with. Their is a race going on 0ct7 if you're interested.

Cheeers,

Submerged

mtbr member
    Watch out for the last part of the "Long E" Trail @ Hanna. I rode all the trails there last Monday, and had a blast! Except when I was finishing the last 15ft of the "Long E" trail. Heard a loud bang, saw a bright flash and bingo woke up on the ground a few sec later. I didn't see a low hanging branch and it took me out for a few. Lucky I had a helmet on, has a nice dent in it now!

mtbr member
    wavz, that branch wouldn't happen to have been the 4ft diameter tree that hangs across the trail would it? i think that's after tressels though.....on the back stretch heading back towards the parking lot....that tree gets me everytime....it's low enough that it's like "ok do i lean back and try and go under, or do the chin to the stem and go under? either way it seems my camelbak always gets snagged up....

mtbr member
    Not totally sure, but I think it was the spot there the "Long Trail" ends and "Tressels" begins. At least thats what it looks like on the map.
    http://www.coj.net/Departments/Parks...Trails+Map.htm

Members who have read this thread: 0