mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Hurricane Creek?

Gonna ride in Bama this weekend. Probably around H'ville & B'ham areas. Any recommendations? What's up with Hurricane Creek?

thats right living legend
    Hurricane Creek is not ready for prime time IMO. Monte Sano in Huntsvegas, and Oak Mnt in Hammingstan are both excellent, and at opposite ends of your riding experiance.

mtbr member
    I don't know anyone that's been to Hurricane Creek. Can anyone elaborate on what's there? It's a small quasi-freeride park right?

I can highly recommend monte sano. If you're looking for a route, let us know what you're looking for in a trail & I'm sure we can help you plan.

Hurricane Creek has got some stuff. Nothing special really. Very hard to get around. It has a waaay cool DH, but the rest is either at the top or bottom of this HUGE gorge, that's pretty cool. It's got a couple of skinny's over a creek that are kinda neat. The bottom of the gorge is mostly sand, and a bit of a snooze. There's this nice cluster of DJ's down there, but they were grown over with grass for the most part, and hard to hit that way. The problem is it's mostly got one guy that builds, and maintains all the trails, and I imagine it's a bit hard to keep up with.

The DH is incredibly steep, hairy, but loads of fun. It's impossible to ride up though, so you've got to walk it. In the summer the air doesnt move in there, and it gets SOOO HOT, and HUMID!!! Ugh!!!

Here's a pic of the DH.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    is it worth the trip from Auburn?

IMO no, but Monte Sano just a few min past it, in Huntsville is well worth it. But bring your fully, cause it's a bumpy ride.

Very Wildery

New Construction, Updated website for HC

Check out new stuff at Hurricane Creek:
    http://hurricanecreek.homestead.com/MTB.html
    It's definitely worth going to check out. I haven't been there since most of the man made stuff went up, but it's a great place for hiking, bouldering, and just enjoying nature. When you go, make sure you meet John; he builds, maintains and rides everything there. Super cool dude.

mtbr member
    Looks like fun. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    is anybody going out there this weekend?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    anybody know how long the dh run is? as in time

Very Wildery
    Depends how fast you go... as in velocity.
    Seriously, not very long though, it's been a while since I was there, but <2 min for sure. Still, the trails have been changed drastically since then and I can't wait to get back out there and rip.

Feels pretty long when your walking up it.

It's not descending K2, but it's relatively gratifying, I'd say?
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

not so super...
    Monte Sano is worth the trip - even from Atlanta. Great technical trail system!!
    Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Monte Sano is worth the trip - even from Atlanta. Great technical trail system!!
    True Dat!
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

mtbr member
    Man, the Hurricane Creek has changed since I went there last. Got to check it out again. One thing I do remember is that it stays wet. Is that still true?

Very Wildery
    The creek itself was damn near dry last time I went, but that was in the peak of the drought last season. I've never had a problem with wet trails there though.

Yeah, I don't recall it being paricularly wet, but I don't think I've ever been in winter. It would have to beat that humidity, down in there, in summer though.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Nice Thread guys. I am a local Cullman rider who helps john with all the dirt-work and such. We now have a 12' drop which has been fired up, a wooden spiral, dirt berms, and a wall ride that is near completion. It is ever changing, plus that DH is the bomb. Maybee we can get the City of Cullman to fix the old cable lift out of the canyon, would be the first of its kind in this area. You can spend all day out there, but its tru Monte Santo has longer trails, just not as intense for this freerider. We're gonna keep building big ****, so check us out every so often. Peace

Very Wildery

This weekend

I've got family coming from Canada to visit this weekend, and we'll be hitting HCP for sure. Just wondering if any locals are on here that may be there this weekend to rip with. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Ya man, i worked all day yesterday on one big dirt berm, and can't wait to ride it now. Will probably go back today and work more. There will be some locals there on Saturday 6/28, if you need someone to ride with just give us a call 256-338-8213, and ask for Rob. If we don't see you guys, then have fun! By the way lots of pics can be found on myspace, on the Cullman Freeriders Page!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbeckman
    Nice Thread guys. I am a local Cullman rider who helps john with all the dirt-work and such. We now have a 12' drop which has been fired up, a wooden spiral, dirt berms, and a wall ride that is near completion. It is ever changing, plus that DH is the bomb. Maybee we can get the City of Cullman to fix the old cable lift out of the canyon, would be the first of its kind in this area. You can spend all day out there, but its tru Monte Santo has longer trails, just not as intense for this freerider. We're gonna keep building big ****, so check us out every so often. Peace
    Well I have to give you quasi kudos on your work on all the FR stuff. It is very nicely built.
    A friend and I drove down there from Nashville a couple of weeks ago to ride.
    One thing you have to explain to me is why you built the 12 foot drop with the approach to it like it is. We didn't go off that drop, and the main reason for that is the approach. Why did you build the approach that makes you not only pedal hard to get speed to go off it, but you made it to where you have to go around a curved upward spiral to get to it? Drops should be made to where you should be able to coast for at least 10 to 20 feet, get straightened up and what not before you shoot off.
    Aside from that, the wooden berm is awesome, the little wooden gap jump is awesome and that skinny where you have to duck under the top catwalk was also awesome.
    But I'll have to say that the 5 foot drop that leads down the hill around that huge berm into the hip jump was my favorite. Here's a pic of me going off the drop. I went way faster than needed (unknowingly) and wound up gapping about 15-20 feet off it.

And which DH section is that a picture of? Is it the one with the big long skinny at the bottom of it or the one on the other side of the valley with that big 3 foot rock drop/step down?
    The whole place is just really, really neat. I'll definitely go back there again. I hope you guys get that down ramp into the wallride finished soon. I want to jam that. And since I got my Bottlerocket the day after we went down there, I'm bringing it with me next time and going off that 12 drop, nasty approach or not.
    Jump it onto something off of something or over something.

There's more to freeriding than dirt jumps.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Glad you liked it, also i did'nt build any of the wood stuff. I just help john with the dirt work, he handles all of the wood freeride stuff, (which he's been busting his as* on lately, so make sure thank him) we just love to ride it - uphill approaches and all. I admit i'd like to have all drops set up the same as the 5-6 drop in your pic, but whats there is there and it is do-able. Its scary coming up to the 12 footer while going up a spiral, but still a smooth landing and good time. We're gonna work out all the bugs eventually, and make it all flow nicely. Hope you had fun, next time you come back we'll have more & better Freeride stuff. Its easier to do all this work in the winter without heat, bugs, snakes, ticks, etc. but some of us who ride out there all the time need new stuff constantly, we hope to have the wallride done ASAP! By the way if riders ask nicely, john said he would offer truck rides out of the canyon, if he's not too busy
    Last edited by robertbeckman; 07-01-2008 at 07:57 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbeckman
    Glad you liked it, also i did'nt build any of the wood stuff. I just help john with the dirt work, he handles all of the wood freeride stuff, we just ride it - uphill approaches and all. I admit i'd like to have all drops set up the same as the 5-6 drop in your pic, but whats there is there and it is do-able. Its scary coming up to the 12 footer while going up a spiral, but still a smooth landing and good time.
    Well, that wasn't the only reason that I didn't do it. The other, and probably main reason was that I was on my 5" travel Rocky Mountain Edge A/M bike. I've already put it through enough abuse. I figured I would save it from this.
    Besides, the approach to that little gap jump is more or less the same spiral approach, except you are going down rather than up. I did that just fine.
    When I come back down, the BR is coming with me and I will be going off that drop. I know the BR will handle it.

We're gonna work out all the bugs eventually, and make it all flow nicely. Hope you had fun, next time you come back we'll have more & better Freeride stuff. Its easier to do all this work in the winter without heat, bugs, snakes, ticks, etc. but some of us who ride out there all the time need new stuff constantly, we hope to have the wallride done ASAP!
    I can't agree more. I'll send you a PM explaining why. I don't want to hijack the thread.
    AFAIC, you guys really don't have any bugs to work out. I like everything the way it is. The approach to the drop is more of a personal preference really.
    Can't wait to see and ride the wallride.

By the way if riders ask nicely, john said he would offer truck rides out of the canyon, if he's not too busy
    John is a super stand up guy. He has a great attitude and I have much respect for a guy his age out there building and riding that stuff. Woohoo!
    I'll definitely have to take him up on that offer. My friend Chris and I rode the gauntlet. That was mega fun, up until we got to the bottom and tried to ride on that skinny, which was wet from the rain and like a sheet of ice. Then we rode/pushed up to the top of the hill on the opposite side of the canyon (the one with the rock drop). By the time we went back down, rode both skinnies over the creek, we were pooped. THEN, we had to push our bikes up that long ass semi paved path back up the hill. I could have used a tow.
    John said that's just under 500 feet of elevation we climbed. I believe it.

Very Wildery
    We got out to ride on Sunday for a few hours, and it was a blast. We ended up getting some rain after about an hour, scaring us off of all the wooden features, which got pretty slick, but it was great for firming up the sandy parts of the race course trail. The DH was sweet, and the lower skinny->boardwalk gauntlet section tossed all but one of us. slick! great day overall, be back soon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mpvanger
    We got out to ride on Sunday for a few hours, and it was a blast. We ended up getting some rain after about an hour, scaring us off of all the wooden features, which got pretty slick, but it was great for firming up the sandy parts of the race course trail. The DH was sweet, and the lower skinny->boardwalk gauntlet section tossed all but one of us. slick! great day overall, be back soon.
    I don't doubt any of that.
    And don't feel bad, the skinny at the bottom of the gauntlet also tossed my friend Chris and me when we went. It was slick from a rain the night before too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hey guys, next time you come back there will be a new section of trail in the bottom of the canyon. It's being constructed as we speak, & consists of several huge boulders to ride up on, and ending in a 30 foot ladder approach to a 8-10 foot drop. This will look like something out of a whistler promo. We also just got done building a big dirt double, and a tabletop in the sand jump area. We're working everyday, so that this winter will be epic!

Very Wildery
    Next time, like this weekend? Either way, I plan on coming out again. I'd love to come help on a day when you guys are building or doing trailwork sometime as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    will i kill myself trying to ride a mongoose blackcomb on this stuff?its cheapo FS but im light 150lbs....have already hit some decent drops ~4ft with no landing ramp and it sucked that up

Very Wildery
    Well, I wouldn't really recommend hitting the bigger stunts on it, but that shouldn't discourage you from getting out to HCP. You can ride most all the trails on it without worrying, lots of sweet berms to rail, and a few smaller jumps/drops you'd handle no problem. Hope to see you out there.

Very Wildery
    Rode HCP a couple of weeks ago, and I saw the new stuff you're working on at the bottom of the canyon. Looks pretty awesome. I couldn't figure out exactly how to ride the ladder-> boulder section just above the main canyon bottom trail. It's a pretty steep roll in to the berm, and I definitely couldn't drop it (lest I do a digger into the rocks on the berm). I thought a sweet line would be to drop off the boulder near the end to the left, and then have a sharp, steep right turn berm curling around the rock feeding down into where the berms are now. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to ride with you guys soon. I also shot a little helmet cam footy. Here it is:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZZQt8pJBCw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZZQt8pJBCw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If you guys are going to be building/riding Sat, the 9th, I'm going to try to get out then. Keep up the good work.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hey MPVANGER i'm glad you got to see the boulder ride area. Of course its nowhere near complete, but you have the right idea. I am building either a huge dirt berm for the transition, or a wall ride that you will have to launch off the boulder, and gap about 5' into it. Then that sends you down across the for-wheeleer trail, i will be out there all weekend 8/2/08-8/03/08 so if anyone wants to ride/ or help build something epic let me know. Of course if your volunteering to work, you will not have to pay to get in. Also thanks for the video on johns behalf and mine! Oh ya if anyone wants to holla at me to ride or work, any day of the week other than Mondays call me @ 256-338-8213. Plus for a great picture of the 12' drop go to pinkbike.com then photos, then search by state (AL).

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    That place is looking pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Hey vanger,

What did you think about the upward spiral approach to the 12 footer?
    That's the only thing we didn't go off when we were down there.
    The two reasons being that I didn't know if my bike would handle it*, and I was honestly a bit sketchy about that approach. Those suspicions were confirmed in your video when you had to do a pedal kick drop off it, then it looks like your friend behind you cased on the landing ramp. It just doesn't seem very condusive to get speed on.
    However, that 5 foot drop is a blast. My friend Chris and I hit it with waaaaay more speed than we needed. We should've went about as fast as you guys.
    Has there been any progress on the wall ride? I really want to hit that.
    I do plan on coming back down there soon. I may wait a couple of months for the weather to cool down a bit, and to give time for more stuff getting built. I now have my Bottlerocket (ironically I picked it up the day after we were there), and am dying to try it out on everything there...even the Gauntlet.
    Where do you live vanger? You must live fairly close to Cullman. I'm not sure how close you are to Nashville, but Kenny and I should be done with our newest drop here in a couple of months and plan on having a small bike park festival. You are welcome to come up. That goes for you too, Beckman (and any of the crew from there).
    I'll keep you posted on the dates. Sorry for the hijack, but I figured you might want to know.

Very Wildery
    Yeah, we had a good time that day. The rider on the Kona Garbanzo in all the shots is my cousin Mike ( I was rocking the helmet cam). He's a better rider than I am, I haven't conquered the 12 footer quite yet. The first shot of him hitting it in the video is actually his second attempt, which he said didn't feel quite as smooth as the virgin flight (second one in the video), but the spiral run in definitely adds a psychological element to dropping it. I rolled up to it a few times, but couldn't pull the trigger. Hopefully next time I'll let 'er rip.
    I live in Birmingham, my family's in Huntsville, so Cullman's pretty convenient.

Rob, hope the trail building went well this weekend, I was tied up and couldn't make it, but hope to come out next weekend for a bit. I may or may not ride though; I hurt my ankle at 26 West last weekend and I'm just working back into things.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Sorry to hear about that ankle. A few local cullman riders were out this weekend, we fired up the 12 footer a few times, and rode/worked on our trail in the bottom. We may be kayaking next weekend, but if not, we'll be @ HCP. Also how did you like 26 West? When we went there on second weekend the dirt was loose and needed to be packed in, there was'nt too much wood freeride stuff either. How was it when you went?

Very Wildery
    Probably still about the same, most of the well traveled areas were getting packed in pretty well though. No new wood features that I know of since you guys were there. Also, just FYI, their website is up and has a picture of Jeremy airing out one of the tabletops; pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    I have to say that I was at HC when it first opened and found it almost unrideable. What you all have done is truly great and I am planning to come there this weekend. Holy crap that looks good BTW, how to get there from Bham?
    Last edited by taterbug; 08-06-2008 at 04:13 PM.

Very Wildery
    North on I-65, exit 318 (Vinemont exit). Turn right, past Stucky's/DQ, maybe 1.5 - 2 miles down the road, at the bottom of the hill, on the left. Can't miss it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Ya, it was about unrideable when it started. Its hard for one person to do all this work, thats why we jumped in and started helping john with this stuff. He was over-worked for sure! Heres some driving directions. Just come up I-65 to the Lacon Exit ( I think its exit 318) which is at the bottom of a long hill if your going north. Exit there and turn right at the bottom of the exit, you will start back up Lacon Mountain on Highway 31, after you top the mountain you will see a sign for HCP on your left. We should also have another 8' ladder drop in place by Saturday 8/9/08, in the canyon. It seems like the more we work, the more we get fired up about doing more. We're hoping this place will be world class in another year or so, we have alot of wood, and are trying to incorporate more DH runs!

mtbr member
    Mark, we need to ride this place soon (this is Carter, btw).

Very Wildery
    You've never been? Forshame. How about Sunday afternoon?

mtbr member
    That works for me

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Some Recent Pics

Very Wildery
    Is that the new drop? Looks sweet. Super bummed I couldn't make it this weekend, spent several hours with my foot on ice trying to heal up.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yea thats the new drop in two of those photos, its super smooth, and has a super easy long approach. We need some more bama riders out here on it!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'm diggin' the new drop. Can't wait to hit it when I get the chance to come down there again. How far is it gap-able?
    What kind of bike is that in the picture(s)?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    i measured the drop straight down to the ground @ 8 feet. From the end of the decking to the lip of the landing is 10.5 feet. I'm probably landing on the slope somewhere around 13 feet of distance from the lip. And that bike is my Specialized Enduro SL Expert. But you can do this one on a hardtail its so smooth. I prob use 2 inches of my 6 inches of travel. I will be out there working today, making the trail go somewhere, it kinda just stops right now at the bottom of the drop.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

New Dh Trail

Wanted to tell everyone that our new trail "The BlackTooth" will be ready by next weekend the 30-31st. It has a ton of gradient, long sloped skiny atop a downed tree, drops, huge boulders, dirt double, and some other stuff. The cullman freeriders knocked it out in a few days, and it will be the best DH/FREERIDE trail in Bama, you an bet on it! Come check it out
    Last edited by robertbeckman; 08-21-2008 at 06:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You better pedal pal.
    Hurricane "Creek" is chasing you........

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Slow Going

Yesterday the 21st, ABC 33/40 came out to HCP to film a commercial, me and jeremy did the spiral and 12 footer for the camera-man. So we should be getting some good exposure from a segment that will run Sept-Nov. Unfortunately, after they left, i fractured my clavical, and seriously screwed up my rotater cuff. I am in a sling for about two weeks, blacktooth may take a little longer than we thougt before its ready, But you can still do the 8' drop on it. Time for recovery & lots of alcohol

All-most Mountain
    sucks that im not a better rider. HC is only 45 minutes away.

mtbr member
    You dont have to jump anything if you dont want almost everything has a go around, plenty of easy to ride dirt trail.

mtbr member
    I am now as I have gotten older more of X-C rider and I have designed and built these trails with both types , Freeride and X-C in mind. when I start the race series we will have a timed X-C race and a time freeride comp also.The race course is layed out so you will have many ways to pass and decide if you want take the short cut and do the jump or take the longer but easy way around each obstacle.You will get 1 hour to ride as many laps as you can, the course is 2 miles right now but this fall I am getting a bobcat to add another mile to the course and basically go crazy on new features.

All-most Mountain
    cool, i thought it was strictly FR. ill come check it out soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Cool-blue Rhythm

Good to see you on here ROCKJOCK

Very Wildery
    How'd you hurt that shoulder Rob?
    Is anyone going to be out there this weekend, riding or building? I'm sure you paddlers are itching to get out on the rivers with all this rain, but it's also good for digging/trail building. I'd still love to help.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hurt my shoulder at the sand jumps of all places. Jumped the large lip, turned 90 degrees in the air, and tried to turn my front wheel straight at the last minute to land, but was too far foward. Went over the bars onto my head and shoulder @ about 15-20 mph. (Did i mention i love my fullface) But i feel better everyday, and i am a really fast healer. So vanger if you want to come down and work this weekend, i'll be there. No kayaking for me unfortunately. I will be able to ride some stuff, but no drops, plus i think it may be to wet to ride, we see

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

... and if we just ...

Conditions look perfect for this weekend, obstacles and trails are dry!!!

mtbr member
    We had a lot of junk fall after the rain, one tree fell on the lower side of THE BEAST, (the wood cork screw) minor damage but gonna need some clean up, and a tree fell almost on the 8 ft drop on BLACK TOOTH.
    Dont forget to check out the latest youtube video from HCP!

Very Wildery
    The guys from Cullman put up their newest video a couple of weeks ago with some footy from the new section at the bottom of the canyon... here it is:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9NUXoujS7L8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9NUXoujS7L8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Good job!

Hey Mark, thanks for the post!

mtbr member

New video

Yes Mark, thank you for the post, my wife , Nicky worked very hard to put together all the clips I was able to get of Rob and the crew. The next video will be even better!
    It wont be long before we will have use of a Bobcat to clear the new mile of trail I have scratched out at the Race course and also clear more land at the start- finish line for more Freeride features, also I think Rob and crew will have the bad ass spur trail that comes off of the Gauntlet run ready to ride pretty soon.
    I plan on changing the face of Mountain biking in Alabama, yes.........I HAVE A DREAM!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hell, you've done that already. Without HCP i would not be a Freerider/Downhiller. No other place like it in Bama. In one week, my wife and i will be taking a trip to SnowShoe WV, Highland Bike Park NH, Mt. Snow VT, Sunday River ME, and will be riding & taking pictures and writing notes about their features. Then i'll get w/ john and we'll see if we can't bring some of that quality to our site!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Wanted to update this thread, and let everybody know that john has acquired a bobcat, and has added XC trails, large dirt berms, tabletops, etc. All on the top of the ridge. The dirt is loose as of today, but after a good rain, the trails should pack well!

Very Wildery
    Is anyone going to be out there Saturday morning? I'd love to check out the new stuff and help do a little trail work.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

ya

hey mark, the trails may be a little dusty, but it should be fun. I'll be there around 12:00, when they open.

mtbr member
    would be fun, but I'm stuck at the Monte Sano Fat Tire Festival this weekend. I do need to come back down and check out hall the new stuff.

Very Wildery
    I thought they opened at 9 on saturdays. Could be a problem. I've got to be back in Birmingham by 1:30.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mpvanger
    I thought they opened at 9 on saturdays. Could be a problem. I've got to be back in Birmingham by 1:30.
    Thats a bummer! The new park hours are 12 till Dark Tuesday-Sat. And 1:00 till dark on Sunday. It works out better for some of us because now we can ride after work every day.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Sorry, i told you wrong

Just to clarify, i screwed up on the new park hours. The new hours are Noon-Dark Tuesday through Friday: 9 a.m. -Dark on Saturday: and 1 p.m. untill dark on Sunday. The dust from the bobcat has also settled with the recent rain.

mtbr member
    Hey Rob , Thanks for the new hours post.
    All of you guys need to come check out the new add ons to the race course, I should have it ready to ride in about a week, two at the most.The start/finish area looks like a bomb went off, you can really tear the woods up with a bobcat!
    Once we get the area cleared of the small debris I will be able to see just where the new Freeride elements will go in conjunction with the spectators and the start line. This new addition will bring the course to about 3 miles, we also cut a road to get from the parking lot to the start line with our park work truck, a Nissian 4x4, so the hauling of lumber for projects just got eaiser.
    After the new section has been riden enough we will be able to see where more berms and jumps need to go, then I will get the bobcat back and get busy, things are really growing here and I am excited to be helping to advance the sport of Mountain biking in Alabama.

mtbr member
    John, don't forget the trail building school up in huntsville 11/1. I think you said you wanted to come to it. go.imba.com/huntsville/

mtbr member

Imba

Hey dude , Thanks for the invite, but I will be hard at work on the race course every day until I get it ready to race on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Could'nt help but mention that john and a few of us have staked out a spot for a massive step-up in the race course. There will be a go-around, but for those with enough speed, it will be the sickest obstacle in the SE, in my opinion. Huge berm, followed by a long wooden approach, then to a ramp with a landing deck somewhere in the distance. I did'nt see anything like we plan to build @ Snowshoe or 26 West. This will be an HCP special. John estimates 2-3 weeks building time. This winter should be prime!

mtbr member
    Ah man, you should come up anyway. We don't get IMBA down here that often (last time was four years ago) . Plus you might be able to recruit some help for Hurricane Creek. Image what some extra volunteer labor could do for yah. OR encourage some of your help to come on help to the school.

mtbr member

Gravity/Freeride/Tecnical Terrain Race Course

Here is a sample of the new additions to the Race Course.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Love the berms!!!

mtbr member
    I need to get over there and ride. Looks great.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Some Recent Pics!

mtbr member

pics

Great pics Rob, it just keeps getting better.

Members who have read this thread: 0