Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mtbr member

Huntsville Thread

For all you people that live in huntsville alabama, the great rocket city, this is dedicated for us, to discus trails, bikes, demo days, and whatever else goes on. So heres for huntsville!

mtbr member
    OK, for all those that don't know there is a weekly wednesday night ride. It starts from bikers parking lot on Monte Sano at approx. 5-5:30.

mtbr member
    Figured a trail list would be a good thing (I can add to the list if you guys post something I missed... to have one list. The below are off the top of my head):
    Monte Sano State Park
    Monte Sano - AL Land Trust
    Green Mtn - AL Land Trust
    Wade Mtn - AL Land Trust
    Wheeler Wildlife Refuge - Decatur
    Hayes Preserve - Hampton Cove
    Bankhead National Forest - Wren (Pine Torch/Brushy Creek)
    Sportsman Lake - Cullman
    Hurricane Creek - Cullman

Rabid Lana fan
    Also, there is a core group of 'beat-the-heat' riders that meet up at 7:00 am every Saturday and Sunday.

But, this Saturday, a few of us are going to Tullehoma to ride the Arnold AFB trail.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

mtbr member
    There is also Ladies Night that my wife periodically rides with SORBA HSV. Mon nights at 5:30 at the Monte Sano State Park bike trail head. She enjoys it and says it's not like riding with a bunch of agressive guys that leave you behind. Any ladies out there, don't be afraid.... PM me if any of those lady members want to get in touch with my wife for any info.

mtbr member
    Is there anyone in the HSV area that has interest in/rides DH? Any gravity junky dual crowners out there?

Rabid Lana fan
    You need to check out Windrock, Tennessee.

Doug (AL29'er) and I are both wanting to road trip there some time. The only caveat, you have to provide for your own shuttle service, as there is none available there.

EDIT: link
    http://www.sicklines.com/courses/tennessee/windrock/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker
    The only caveat, you have to provide for your own shuttle service, as there is none available there.
    I am surprised you didn't mention it on Sun. BTW, that's what Heither does for me, drop and pick me up. She has no interest in going fast DH, she's content with XC. I am going to keep working on her, maybe she'll take it up in due time.

mtbr member
    i love DH, whats the best DH trail around HSV?

Granny Gear Guru
    Also, there is a core group of 'beat-the-heat' riders that meet up at 7:00 am every Saturday and Sunday.

But, this Saturday, a few of us are going to Tullehoma to ride the Arnold AFB trail.

Now this is what I'm talking about, beat the heat and let someone else clear the spider webs with their face!!! Do they do this on Monte Sano?
    10 Specialized Hardrock
    Looking for a new bike...... selling one?

mtbr member
    check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbSXt...layer_embedded

bump n grind race 2010

Rabid Lana fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jdreher55
    Now this is what I'm talking about, beat the heat and let someone else clear the spider webs with their face!!! Do they do this on Monte Sano?
    Yes, Monte Sano.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by reidsisk
    i love DH, whats the best DH trail around HSV?
    Not sure, I am on a mission to find out. Creeper had a good suggestion on Green Mtn, but haven't checked it out yet. I did Bluff Line from Monte Sano Blvd down to the Land Trust Parking lot. It was good from the top to about 1/2 way down until it intersection of Anndale and Wagon. Pretty technical and lots of large rocks. One rock in particular got the best of me. I wouldn't suggest it unless you have the correct equipment/protection.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdogs
    Not sure, I am on a mission to find out. Creeper had a good suggestion on Green Mtn, but haven't checked it out yet. I did Bluff Line from Monte Sano Blvd down to the Land Trust Parking lot. It was good from the top to about 1/2 way down until it intersection of Anndale and Wagon. Pretty technical and lots of large rocks. One rock in particular got the best of me. I wouldn't suggest it unless you have the correct equipment/protection.

alright, does anyone meet during the week for DH rides?

mtbr member
    For the past few weeks, I have been taking both bikes with me as my wife rides with XC only. After an hour or two of XC, I usually pull out the other bike and have my wife drop me off somewhere and pick me up. So I end the day with a short DH ride.

Also, I have every other Friday off. This Friday, I was either thinking of going to Wade Mtn and doing Devil's Race Track down or scouting out something new, ie. the other side of Wade Mtn or Belvin's Gap on Green Mtn.

Typically I have to hike a bike up, as the DH rig only has one crank chain ring and isn't much of a climbing bike. (I don't have the legs I used to).

mtbr member
    For the past few weeks, I have been taking both bikes with me as my wife rides with XC only. After an hour or two of XC, I usually pull out the other bike and have my wife drop me off somewhere and pick me up. So I end the day with a short DH ride.

Also, I have every other Friday off. This Friday, I was either thinking of going to Wade Mtn and doing Devil's Race Track down or scouting out something new, ie. the other side of Wade Mtn or Belvin's Gap on Green Mtn.

Typically I have to hike a bike up, as the DH rig only has one crank chain ring and isn't much of a climbing bike. (I don't have the legs I used to).
    alright

mtbr member
    One of you guys were looking for Land Trust Trail Maps. Download the pdfs here (the jpgs are too low res): http://landtrust-hsv.org/trail-maps/

mtbr member
    You need to check out Windrock, Tennessee.

Doug (AL29'er) and I are both wanting to road trip there some time. The only caveat, you have to provide for your own shuttle service, as there is none available there.
    Pics look good, techy stuff (I'll be honest, major air scares me for some reason). Let me know should you guys want to go. If you can take your truck, my wife and drop us off and pick us up. I can't fit that many bikes on the E.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeper
    OK, for all those that don't know there is a weekly wednesday night ride. It starts from bikers parking lot on Monte Sano at approx. 5-5:30.
    Sometimes we move it over to Wade Mtn
    Nothing to see here.

not so super...
    It was good from the top to about 1/2 way down until it intersection of Anndale and Wagon. Pretty technical and lots of large rocks. One rock in particular got the best of me. I wouldn't suggest it unless you have the correct equipment/protection.
    For sure...get a 29'r before you try it again!
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    For sure...get a 29'r before you try it again!
    It wouldn't have mattered, it was too big. Just a function of a poor choice of line. There aren't a lot of choices in 29 DH bikes, not yet at least.

I will not be beaten. I'll be back on the same trail soon enough.
    Last edited by waterdogs; 07-21-2010 at 04:54 PM.
    Media Manager - Coming Soon
    Press Relations - Team Billy Goat Bikes - Mountain Khakis

not so super...
    It wouldn't have mattered, it was too big. Just a function of a poor choice of line. There are a lot of choices in 29 DH bikes, not yet at least.

I will not be beaten. I'll be back on the same trail soon enough.
    We used that route and a lot more for the 2009 festival Rock-n-Roll ride. Narritive is attached. The map is too big to attach. If you want it you can PM me your email.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    That's a hell of a route. Too much for my legs. Climbing Toll Gate/Rocking Road would be interesting.... I've just flown down it and beat the crap out of my arms. Also I don't think I'll ever be able to climb Sinks in one shot either.

Granny Gear Guru
    That's a hell of a route. Too much for my legs. Climbing Toll Gate/Rocking Road would be interesting.... I've just flown down it and beat the crap out of my arms. Also I don't think I'll ever be able to climb Sinks in one shot either.
    Can anyone climb sinks? They must be monsters! I make it passed Mtn Mist and to the first switchback and i'm done. I can't imagine riding the whole way up.
    10 Specialized Hardrock

mtbr member
    Can anyone climb sinks? They must be monsters! I make it passed Mtn Mist and to the first switchback and i'm done. I can't imagine riding the whole way up.

i tried it the other day, i got halfway and i had a leg cramp...

Granny Gear Guru
    i tried it the other day, i got halfway and i had a leg cramp...

i'd take the leg cramp.. I feel like i'm going to throw up. I have to get used to the heat.
    10 Specialized Hardrock

Granny Gear Guru
    We used that route and a lot more for the 2009 festival Rock-n-Roll ride. Narritive is attached. The map is too big to attach. If you want it you can PM me your email.

That is one crazy ride! I may have to take a day off work and try it. Thanks for the map! I like how it ends with the climb up Sinks. If I remember correctly the climb near the land trust parking lot is worse.
    10 Specialized Hardrock

mtbr member
    i'd take the leg cramp.. I feel like i'm going to throw up. I have to get used to the heat.
    same here, just chew gum and drink water, you dont get nauseous, trust me, im diagnosed with nausea

not so super...
    Anyone interested in attending / helping with the festival this year?
    Nothing to see here.

Granny Gear Guru
    same here, just chew gum and drink water, you dont get nauseous, trust me, im diagnosed with nausea
    hmm never heard of the gum thing. I'l try that tomorrow. Since it's only going to be 92° I might as well ride!!
    10 Specialized Hardrock

Granny Gear Guru
    Anyone interested in attending / helping with the festival this year?
    Depending on when/where I would gladly help/attend.
    10 Specialized Hardrock

not so super...
    That is one crazy ride! I may have to take a day off work and try it. Thanks for the map! I like how it ends with the climb up Sinks. If I remember correctly the climb near the land trust parking lot is worse.
    The climbs are the easy part compared to the trip out railroad. That trail beats the crap out of you. The route is around 22 miles (give or take) and with a few breaks should take 4-5 hours.
    Nothing to see here.

not so super...
    Depending on when/where I would gladly help/attend.
    first weekend in October. I'll post more details as they develop.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    hmm never heard of the gum thing. I'l try that tomorrow. Since it's only going to be 92° I might as well ride!!
    well it works for some people, just drink a whole lot of water if it doesnt work, sorry if it doesnt

Granny Gear Guru
    The climbs are the easy part compared to the trip out railroad. That trail beats the crap out of you. The route is around 22 miles (give or take) and with a few breaks should take 4-5 hours.
    I've never seen railroad but if is that bad I have to try it!! The wife says I can't get a new bike until I break something on this one that would cost more to replace than I paid for it. A wheelset would do it and I've been drooling over the Scott Scale.

I have hiked most of Monte Sano and the land trust but don't recall the names of any trails so the map will help me.

I'll keep an eye out for the details on the festival. October != 90° so I am there!
    10 Specialized Hardrock

Granny Gear Guru
    well it works for some people, just drink a whole lot of water if it doesnt work, sorry if it doesnt
    Anything will work better than jumping off the bike and bending over on the side of the trail feeling like you are about to puke. One of these days i'll climb all of sinks (no I won't)
    10 Specialized Hardrock

mtbr member
    You think Railroad is worse that Toll Gate? They both have lots-o-rocks, but the density of the rocks and length of Toll Gate is more than RR (or maybe it's just been a while since I have hiked railroad).

not so super...
    You think Railroad is worse that Toll Gate? They both have lots-o-rocks, but the density of the rocks and length of Toll Gate is more than RR (or maybe it's just been a while since I have hiked railroad).
    The spacing of the rocks on RR are just enough to make every pedal stroke a serious push to get to the next rock waiting to stop your forward momentum. It's slightly easier on the 29'r.

To make it worse you get to climb tollgate right after finishing RR on the Rock-n-Roll route!
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Yeah, that's what I remember about about RR... it even was bad hiking it, hence my reference to rock density on TG. Also agree a 29er would be easier, like I explain to my wife, you don't outfit a 1:1 Jeep Rock Crawler with 13" Fast and the Furious wheels. 29ers should roll over stuff easier than 26ers.

err, 27.5+
    Huntsville is challenging to do DH in. The biggest issue is that the biggest/best descents put you out in the middle of nowhere, so you have to get back to civilization or the road if you are trying to shuttle. We have a decent crew with 4-6in travel rigs that ride up and down, granted the down part goes by much faster There are a few kids around with bigger rigs, but they are young and light so lugging the beasts around doesn't slow them down as much as one might think.

Cold Springs to Tollgate is about the only route I can think of that is good for shuttling. But Tollgate gets old pretty quick.

Windrock is definitely on the menu once temperatures start coming back down at the end of summer.

And, yes, the RocknRoll is a hell of a ride. By the time we made it back up into the park last year everyone was pretty much beat down. It is a cool way to put a lot of great tech/dh into a loop though. Gotta pay to play, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

mtbr member
    No, but I have made Rocky Road all the way from the Land trust lot to Cold Springs without dabbing.

mtbr member
    Figured a trail list would be a good thing (I can add to the list if you guys post something I missed... to have one list. The below are off the top of my head):
    Monte Sano State Park
    Monte Sano - AL Land Trust
    Green Mtn - AL Land Trust
    Wade Mtn - AL Land Trust
    Wheeler Wildlife Refuge - Decatur
    Hayes Preserve - Hampton Cove
    Bankhead National Forest - Wren (Pine Torch/Brushy Creek)
    Sportsman Lake - Cullman
    Hurricane Creek - Cullman

Is the Sportsman Lake trail worth riding?

Also, Joe Wheeler State Park in Rogersville has a few decent trails.

Rabid Lana fan
    Well guys, it was a pretty fun ride last night.

Except that I bonked pretty hard about half way going back up warpath.

Who's idea was that route last night, anyway?

mtbr member
    Did you climb or hike a bike the last 100 feet or so of Warpath up to O'Sh Pt?

mtbr member
    Sometimes we move it over to Wade Mtn
    No, our group rides Monte Sano on wednesdays. Core group consisting of Net Wurker, AL29er, Highside, JS Paddle,and myself. I am not speaking of SORBA scheduled rides. We are not as fast paced as the SORBA group.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by High Side
    Is the Sportsman Lake trail worth riding?
    Not sure. Looks interesting from the map, I'd like to try er out: http://www.co.cullman.al.us/Press/sp...bike_open.html

mtbr member
    Did you climb or hike a bike the last 100 feet or so of Warpath up to O'Sh Pt?
    We went up Warpath, then took Goat up to O'Sh Pt.

mtbr member
    We went up Warpath, then took Goat up to O'Sh Pt.
    That makes more sense.... I was bout to have to bow down the bike Gods. That last few feet either direction is a killer. I haven't grown the sack yet myself to fly down it, especially with that sharp right hander just after that first steep rock wash/face.

mtbr member
    BTW, it was determined that hiking/biking up Warpath from the Grassy Knoll is quicker than hiking/biking up the goat switchbacks, as far as getting back up to O'Shaugnessy

Granny Gear Guru
    I was going to hit Wade Mountain after work... I don't think that is going to happen.

10 Specialized Hardrock

not so super...
    No, our group rides Monte Sano on wednesdays. Core group consisting of Net Wurker, AL29er, Highside, JS Paddle,and myself. I am not speaking of SORBA scheduled rides. We are not as fast paced as the SORBA group.

I hardly call my pace fast but I like to ride with faster riders to try to improve my fitness level.
    Nothing to see here.

not so super...
    I was going to hit Wade Mountain after work... I don't think that is going to happen.

That's perfect weather for wade. All the sweat will help wash the ticks away!!
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    I hardly call my pace fast but I like to ride with faster riders to try to improve my fitness level.
    Well, maybe you're not one of the people I'm speaking of. All I'm saying is we ride wednesdays on Monte Sano and we don't get in a hurry like some of the other groups. Partly due to flats and mechanical issues. This past wednesdays ride we had 3 flats and 1 broken chain.

not so super...
    Well, maybe you're not one of the people I'm speaking of. All I'm saying is we ride wednesdays on Monte Sano and we don't get in a hurry like some of the other groups. Partly due to flats and mechanical issues. This past wednesdays ride we had 3 flats and 1 broken chain.
    Sounds like an oppertunity to organize a bike maintanance night (and drink some beer). I'll work on it.
    Nothing to see here.

Granny Gear Guru
    I thought this was going to be a sticky?

Anyone going to be on wade mountain around 5?
    10 Specialized Hardrock

mtbr member
    I thought this was going to be a sticky?

Anyone going to be on wade mountain around 5?
    man i wouldve gone there at five but im heading to trail 209 down in double springs

Granny Gear Guru
    man i wouldve gone there at five but im heading to trail 209 down in double springs

never been there, any good? You aren't too far from Oak mountain at that point.
    10 Specialized Hardrock

mtbr member
    never been there, any good? You aren't too far from Oak mountain at that point.
    ive never been there either, i just heard that its the number 2 trail in alabama, anyways im staying with family down there, whats oak mountain like?

Granny Gear Guru
    ive never been there either, i just heard that its the number 2 trail in alabama, anyways im staying with family down there, whats oak mountain like?
    To me Oak Mountain was a dream. If you've ridden Monte Sano you know that it's pretty rocky. There are rocks on Oak Mountain of course but for the most part it's pretty fast. I didn't get to see all of it though since I broke a pedal.
    10 Specialized Hardrock

mtbr member
    Never heard of 209? Where is it. Oak is good, but I've only done 5 miles of it. Wife and I both had incidents, so we cut it short. BTW, why I am the only that seems to be having issues over and over, or am I the one man enough to admit it.

Granny Gear Guru
    I can't ride fast enough to have many issues. I almost ran over a rattle snake but I was going too slow (thankfully).
    10 Specialized Hardrock

err, 27.5+
    Sounds like an oppertunity to organize a bike maintanance night (and drink some beer). I'll work on it.
    I am always down to drink some beer, but the issues were more of the random vs. maintenance. I took out 2 powerlinks at once trying to push about 2 gears to high up a steep in Monte Sano. Never had that happen before, but Cam has been snapping them like that for months. Neither was more than about 4 months old, so under 500mi on them.

Regarding pace, yes we have a pretty good crew at the "B-team" pace. Honestly other than mechanicals the group is pretty well matched and there isn't much waiting around.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Anyone riding tomorrow morning? I'll try to make it at 7am.

Mounted my new tires yesterday - Conti Trail Kings, 2.4 UST. Much beefier than the original Bontrager tires (split a sidewall on those a couple of weeks ago, I think Stan's sealed it, then I re-opened it last week). The real difference was going down Sinks from the parking lot. Previously, I'd be sliding on every rock. I hardly slid at all on the new tires, and was able to go down much more quickly than before.

I also installed a GravityDropper seatpost. Did a lot better on Keith with the rolling, rocky hills.

Jim
    (aspiring B-teamer)

Rabid Lana fan
    Yeah, a couple of us will be there tomorrow at 0700

Clay

Granny Gear Guru
    Anyone making a later run? Maybe 9 or 10? I know it's going to be hot but oh well.
    10 Specialized Hardrock

mtbr member
    9-10 is too late for me. We got done at about 1130 today and at least for me it was borderline intolerable in terms of temp.... others were fine with it. My wife and I were spent for the rest of the day.

greedy
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmei1
    Anyone riding tomorrow morning? I'll try to make it at 7am.

Mounted my new tires yesterday - Conti Trail Kings, 2.4 UST. Much beefier than the original Bontrager tires (split a sidewall on those a couple of weeks ago, I think Stan's sealed it, then I re-opened it last week). The real difference was going down Sinks from the parking lot. Previously, I'd be sliding on every rock. I hardly slid at all on the new tires, and was able to go down much more quickly than before.

I also installed a GravityDropper seatpost. Did a lot better on Keith with the rolling, rocky hills.

Jim
    (aspiring B-teamer)
    Did you get your Trail Kings local or order them? The guys at Trailhead are trying to get me a UST 2.4 but they are backordered. I'm anxious to try it as a front to go with my MK rear.
    Addicted to the Classifieds

Big Wheel Homer !!
    Anyone making a later run? Maybe 9 or 10? I know it's going to be hot but oh well.
    I'm planning on starting about 10:30, pretty short ride, maybe hour and a half or so

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug
    I'm planning on starting about 10:30, pretty short ride, maybe hour and a half or so
    Where you the young guy with the Kona? I think we all left at 1030, or just before.

Big Wheel Homer !!
    Where you the young guy with the Kona? I think we all left at 1030, or just before.
    Sorry, no. I'm the old guy on the Turner Sultan. I left from the bikers parking lot just before 10:30 and there was no one else there.

BTW, I talked to Kent (Monte Sano Park manager) after my ride and he told me there were 2 cars broken into yesterday in the bikers lot. He said he had a good lead on who it was. Be sure not to leave anything in sight in your car.

mtbr member
    To me Oak Mountain was a dream. If you've ridden Monte Sano you know that it's pretty rocky. There are rocks on Oak Mountain of course but for the most part it's pretty fast. I didn't get to see all of it though since I broke a pedal.
    alright, i never got to go to trail 209. i got down there and split my finger open down to the tendon, that ruins any fun

mtbr member
    where is the group meeting tomorrow? and when?

Granny Gear Guru
    alright, i never got to go to trail 209. i got down there and split my finger open down to the tendon, that ruins any fun

Ouch

I am trying to get out of work early tomorrow to make it to MS by 5. I need to get on the bike.
    10 Specialized Hardrock

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by have2ride2day
    Did you get your Trail Kings local or order them? The guys at Trailhead are trying to get me a UST 2.4 but they are backordered. I'm anxious to try it as a front to go with my MK rear.
    I ordered the tires from BikeBling. Ordered on Sunday, arrived on Friday. If you do a google search for "BikeBling discount code" you'll probably find a 10% discount. I think I used "Stimulus". With shipping, they were the cheapest I could find: $100 for the pair, plus about $10 for shipping. I ordered them a week and a half ago, so they may still have some.

greedy
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmei1
    I ordered the tires from BikeBling. Ordered on Sunday, arrived on Friday. If you do a google search for "BikeBling discount code" you'll probably find a 10% discount. I think I used "Stimulus". With shipping, they were the cheapest I could find: $100 for the pair, plus about $10 for shipping. I ordered them a week and a half ago, so they may still have some.
    You are the man!!! Just placed my order with that coupon code. I've been looking for those tires everywhere, well I guess not everywhere . You're running them front and rear huh. Your rear triangle must be a monster. I'm just going to put a 2.4 on the front to go with a 2.4 MK on the rear. From what I've heard about the volume of these tires, I don't think that a 2.4 would fit on the rear of my Tracer. Thanks again. If you're ever in Guntersville I'll buy you a cold one.

mtbr member
    i need advise on a FS bike, ive been looking around and its come between the Specialized Pitch Comp, and the Scott spark Limited

err, 27.5+
    i need advise on a FS bike, ive been looking around and its come between the Specialized Pitch Comp, and the Scott spark Limited
    Could go either way, looks like we have dealers for both in town. Personally I would go specialized for the larger dealer network. Kind of a weird choice a $10K CF rig vs. a sub $2K AM rig Sounds to me like you have your Scott models mixed up. Have you called the local dealers to see if they have or can get your size? This year has been really sparse on inventory.

Granny Gear Guru
    whoa... Scott Spark ltd? I've only seen one of those in person and I was afraid to even look at it. I am pretty sure Madison cycles is the Scott dealer around here and Trailhead keeps a pretty good selection of Specialized.
    10 Specialized Hardrock

not so super...
    Ride tonight?
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    30% chance of rain, high 92.... might not be too bad today.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by have2ride2day
    If you're ever in Guntersville I'll buy you a cold one.
    Do you live in Guntersville? I am in Arab (about to move back to Guntersville) and ride GSP quite a bit. I may have ridden with you at Monte Sano and just not known who you were.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I have hope for the human race. ~ H.G. Wells

greedy
    Quote Originally Posted by js_paddle07
    Do you live in Guntersville? I am in Arab (about to move back to Guntersville) and ride GSP quite a bit. I may have ridden with you at Monte Sano and just not known who you were.

pm'd you.

Granny Gear Guru
    I was hoping to finally make one of the rides tonight but I sacrificed that for Raccoon Mountain this Sunday. I hope it's worth it!
    10 Specialized Hardrock

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AL29er
    Could go either way, looks like we have dealers for both in town. Personally I would go specialized for the larger dealer network. Kind of a weird choice a $10K CF rig vs. a sub $2K AM rig Sounds to me like you have your Scott models mixed up. Have you called the local dealers to see if they have or can get your size? This year has been really sparse on inventory.
    What local dealers are around here that i can contact?

mtbr member
    whoa... Scott Spark ltd? I've only seen one of those in person and I was afraid to even look at it. I am pretty sure Madison cycles is the Scott dealer around here and Trailhead keeps a pretty good selection of Specialized.
    Im hoping that you were afraid to look at it for a good reason

Granny Gear Guru
    Im hoping that you were afraid to look at it for a good reason

The $8,000 price tag hurt my self esteem...
    10 Specialized Hardrock

mtbr member
    What local dealers are around here that i can contact?
    Trailhead, Bicycles Etc, Madison Cycles, and Bicycle Works. Google them.

mtbr member
    As long as the rain holds off, I'll be riding Land Trust this afternoon at ~ 4:30 if anyone wants to ride.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I have hope for the human race. ~ H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    I missed everyone yesterday, we showed up but you guys where already out. We got there just as the SORBA folks left (Reggie was riding and it did not rain!). We also left before you all got back (wife wasn't feeling it). I seem to remember Creeper's yota was there when we got there but gone before we left..... not feeling it either or your back still bothering you?

mtbr member
    I missed everyone yesterday, we showed up but you guys where already out. We got there just as the SORBA folks left (Reggie was riding and it did not rain!). We also left before you all got back (wife wasn't feeling it). I seem to remember Creeper's yota was there when we got there but gone before we left..... not feeling it either or your back still bothering you?
    That was'nt my 4runner. I'm still nursing the back. Bulging disc suck. I may ride this weekend, just depends on how I feel. I'll tell you one thing, I'm not missing the heat sitting on my butt at home in the ac.

mtbr member
    Yesterday wasn't that bad considering what it has been or will be this weekend.

If we don't go out to town this weekend, we are thinking of going to Sportsman Lake in Culmman. Might swing by Hurricane Creek too. Anyone is welcome, again assuming we don't head out of town.... also I like to get up early.

mtbr member
    I checked out the Sportsman Lake trail. It appears to be smooth XC, and short. Might be fun to bust laps on though.

mtbr member
    The $8,000 price tag hurt my self esteem...
    yeah, thats a scary price

mtbr member
    I rode Bluffline yesterday, but I just rode to the Bluffline/Annandale intersection and rode back. What is are some good loops that start at the Land Trust parking lot?

err, 27.5+
    I rode Bluffline yesterday, but I just rode to the Bluffline/Annandale intersection and rode back. What is are some good loops that start at the Land Trust parking lot?
    Either upper or lower LT loops are possible. They are short though, so often you can do multiple loops.

My favorite 45-60min upper loop is to head up Toll Gate to High Trail and then Bluff line back to the lot. But you can stretch this loop by another few miles by doing Wagon and catching the end of Railroad Bed to the bottom of Toll Gate (by the town homes).

For a quick lower loop head out Bluff line to A-trail (Annendale?), hit Water Line down to Alms House. Once up Alms House you can hit Wagon around to Toll Gate or go a bit farther up and catch Railroad Bed heading the other way back up to Bluff Line.

Definitely print off a map and explore around. There are a lot of fun loops in the LT.

not so super...
    That's one of my favorite loops except I usually start in the park and take cold springs down to toll gate to high trail.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    That's one of my favorite loops except I usually start in the park and take cold springs down to toll gate to high trail.
    What's your favorite route to get back to the top of the mountain?

Rabid Lana fan
    What's your favorite route to get back to the top of the mountain?

mtbr member

Big Wheel Homer !!
    Is there a ride in the morning?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0