mtbr member

Dirty Spokes Pic/results links

Dirty Spokes 6hour Conyers:

Photo link: http://mestaphotos.us
    Results link: link:http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=647326

mtbr member
    Tim and the crew did an awesome job with this first time event. It was very well run. They did a good job with the conyers course dispite not using the granite side. It was well marked and provided several suprises.

Scott Hodge and his cronies from Addictive Cycles did an awesome job with the support.

Carl Mesta was everywhere with the camera in our faces all the while yelling encouragement.

Thanks to everyone for all the cheers! It's like a shot of adrenalin coming through the field hearing people yelling your name!!!

n3rd

Good job!

This was my first 6 hour event.. and I'm glad I picked one of Tim's as my first one. I've always heard people talk about his events being top notch and his 12 hour has got good reviews from all the race reports I've seen. That course was really fun for a SS, I only wish I had "trained" for it so I wouldn't have been walking the two major climbs so much. It was still really fun even though I was the last SSer . I learned a lot about how much my nutrition plan sucks and the need for a little pop up shade tent thingy and just how awesome endurolytes are.

In hindsight.. It's probably not the best idea to try and do your first 6 hour on a single speed after only SSing for ~3 months . I'm apparently very hardheaded/stupid/masochistic though because I already plan on heading over to 6 hours of Dauset to try and apply some of what I learned at Conyers on the 'ol SS.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cartecs3
    In hindsight.. It's probably not the best idea to try and do your first 6 hour on a single speed after only SSing for ~3 months . I'm apparently very hardheaded/stupid/masochistic though because I already plan on heading over to 6 hours of Dauset to try and apply some of what I learned at Conyers on the 'ol SS.
    Dauset is going to be A LOT more fun for you. Conyers is rough, even with a motor in my book. I head to Conyers to test my training results, so far, it has humbled me every time. Hats off for SSing it, especially in that heat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carebear
    Tim and the crew did an awesome job with this first time event. It was very well run. They did a good job with the conyers course dispite not using the granite side. It was well marked and provided several suprises.

Scott Hodge and his cronies from Addictive Cycles did an awesome job with the support.

Carl Mesta was everywhere with the camera in our faces all the while yelling encouragement.

Thanks to everyone for all the cheers! It's like a shot of adrenalin coming through the field hearing people yelling your name!!!
    CB, Carl got several really good pics of you, it looked a little HOT. And the picture downloads are free this time. Great Race BTW, you appear to have quite a fan following.

n3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGthree
    Dauset is going to be A LOT more fun for you. Conyers is rough, even with a motor in my book. I head to Conyers to test my training results, so far, it has humbled me every time. Hats off for SSing it, especially in that heat.
    Yeah I heard it was "SS friendly" (whatever that means), don't think I'll get a chance to pre-ride it before the race like I did with Conyers. Long drive from south alabama..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cartecs3
    Yeah I heard it was "SS friendly" (whatever that means), don't think I'll get a chance to pre-ride it before the race like I did with Conyers. Long drive from south alabama..
    I've only had the pleasure to log in a few miles at Dauset but I'll tell you-Its got to be one of the most enjoyable rides around. No doubt you will have a blast. Seems cooler because of the old growth forest, some pretty technical areas but very manageable and hands down, one of the most scenic trails around. The map is shown below. Have fun & good luck.

http://www.goneriding.com/2007/12%20...-12hr-2007.pdf

mtbr member
    cartecs3,
    Your not the rider that passed along the message to me from x-ray ed are you? If so, sorry for the dab in the switchbacks. BTW - if you finished the Conyers race on an SS, you'll do fine at Dauset. It's a little more technical, but not as much climbing.

JAGthree,
    Thanks! I felt good out there on Saturday until the last lap. The heat doesn't bother me like it does others. This was one of my better races this year. Thanks for the heads up on Carl's photos. I have already checked them out, but didn't realize the downloads were on the house.

n3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by Carebear
    cartecs3,
    Your not the rider that passed along the message to me from x-ray ed are you? If so, sorry for the dab in the switchbacks. BTW - if you finished the Conyers race on an SS, you'll do fine at Dauset. It's a little more technical, but not as much climbing.
    Yeah that was me.. I dabbed a few times in there too--no problem!

That was a really fun section overall though.. always managed to get me to speed up no matter how bad I felt!

gudguds (Carl)
    Sep 2007
    Was a great race and looking forward to Duaset. The photos are reloaded and ready for the viewing and taking at www.mestaphotos.us . Of course all orders are much appriciated and help but numbers are what I really need to see right now so send your friends and family too.

Thanks and have a good one!!

Members who have read this thread: 0