mtbr member

deleon springs in florida

we have been working on reopening all of the trails out there as well as some new stuff. before the hurricanes a few years ago there was about 15 miles of all types of trails. we have about 6 miles opened back up as well as some bridges and some other freeride stuff (drops jumps and more). deleon springs is located between pretty much orlando and daytona.

From I-95 take S.R. 40 to !7-92. Left about 4-5 miles to Deleon Springs sign. Take a right into the park and ask at office.

A Superhero Named Tony
    Awesome! Post some pics when you have a chance...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Cool... How much natural elevation is out there?

mtbr member
    max 20 feet or so but its alot of ups and downs. ill take some pics soon

mtbr member
    Went and road it today with "granola" John, who is the head of trail maintence with the Spruce Creek Mountain Bike Assc., and that is a great trail. John as done a awsome job at making it fun, with some technical stuff thrown in it.

Here is a trail layout map. the trail is rouhgly 2.5 miles at this point (granola john has done every inch of those 2.5 miles by himself!)

Go out to the trail and enjoy his work. Since it is a fresh trail it needs to be ridden alot to get a good, packed, visible line formed.

At the moment, at the point on the map marked "sandy peek", running the track clock wise you will make a right and when you get to the "water tank", you will leave the trail going left around the fence (where the water tank is) and re-enter the trail. At the point on the map marked "jump" (which is on a trail indicated in red 'cause it is kinda technical) the jump is a peek of a hill that drops of the other side, if you are not carefull you will fall! Once you return to the "sandy peek" again you will go left, returning to the water tank and goin right.

Give it up to John for providing another fix for our love and if you see him out there (slaving away) tell him so!

Billy

mtbr member
    oh so i see how he says it. to bad its not true and you should thank him for tearing down some of our stuff also.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    thank you Jon for all the hard work. I cant wait to see what you've done
    with that trail I herd good things from Plan-B. Hope to see you out there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JC bs
    oh so i see how he says it. to bad its not true and you should thank him for tearing down some of our stuff also.
    sorry, I understand you have also had a hand in some trail building out there as well... so thank you. also that john wasn't responsable for tearing down some of your stuff, it was the countys doing but it was also for the fact that if it wasn't taken down we would have lost the rights to the trail. again, sorry... props to all who work hard out there!

Billy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clubcar18
    sorry, I understand you have also had a hand in some trail building out there as well... so thank you. also that john wasn't responsable for tearing down some of your stuff, it was the countys doing but it was also for the fact that if it wasn't taken down we would have lost the rights to the trail. again, sorry... props to all who work hard out there!

Billy
    its cool but the county just said that the bridge jump was crazy. i have talked to them and it wasnt a problem. it was just a misunderstanding by the people who took it down.

sorry to john about jumping on his case i just got pissed when i seen that you said its all his work. cause there are a few of us that have been going out there for a few months after and before work doing work.

Its got what plants crave
    Anyone got any pics of this place? I'm gonna be in the area in a few weeks.

trying to ride
    Sep 2005
    can anyone tell me if there is a spot to park a motorhome race car hauler close to these trails? we are leaving st. aug and heading to WPB on Fri. and considering checking this place out as we will have some extra time.

Thanks
    Adam

mtbr member
    yep there is plenty of room.

mtbr member
    One thing I forgot to mention is that, what looks like the trail entrance is actually the entrance the DJ/Freeride area, you will know if you do. Just to the left of the that is the entrance to the XC trail.... just an FYI.

Enjoy!

Billy

trying to ride
    Sep 2005
    yep there is plenty of room.
    sweet! the rig is 75ft long so it doesn't turn very well. is the entrance clearly marked and if so what does is say? is there plenty of room to turn around and get back out once inside? I google earthed it last night but I wasn't positive I had the right spot or entrance. I saw the ball fields but couldn't really find the bathouses and such according to the posted map. thanks for any more details !

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adam90xj
    sweet! the rig is 75ft long so it doesn't turn very well. is the entrance clearly marked and if so what does is say? is there plenty of room to turn around and get back out once inside? I google earthed it last night but I wasn't positive I had the right spot or entrance. I saw the ball fields but couldn't really find the bathouses and such according to the posted map. thanks for any more details !

Adam

If you check it out you gotta let me know if it's decent. Some new dirt jumps and freeride stuff might be cool since I'm going to be over that way anyway on Xmas eve. I searched around online but couldn't find any pics of the jumps/FR area.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Jim if you're referring to when you're gonna be in Palm Bay then you should just ride the fruit trails. They've been building drops and jumps and stuff there. There is a review here on how to get there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    If you check it out you gotta let me know if it's decent. Some new dirt jumps and freeride stuff might be cool since I'm going to be over that way anyway on Xmas eve. I searched around online but couldn't find any pics of the jumps/FR area.
    the dirt jumps and freeride stuff isnt anything great right now. since we all have been working out there its been getting dark early. with working 6 days a week that doesnt give us much time to get the freeride stuff built up. but if your this way give me a call and we can meet up and go ride some other stuff out this way. 386 216 2181 jc

Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    Jim if you're referring to when you're gonna be in Palm Bay then you should just ride the fruit trails. They've been building drops and jumps and stuff there. There is a review here on how to get there.
    Whichever you think will be better is where I'll ride. Riding Santos every weekend has given me the itch to ride some other less familiar trails. I'll check out the reviews and stuff.

the dirt jumps and freeride stuff isnt anything great right now. since we all have been working out there its been getting dark early. with working 6 days a week that doesnt give us much time to get the freeride stuff built up. but if your this way give me a call and we can meet up and go ride some other stuff out this way. 386 216 2181 jc

I might just give you a buzz. I'll be heading home to Gainesville from Palm Bay on the 24th, so if you're available to ride maybe we can do that.

I can't find a review on the fruit trails?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    I can't find a review on the fruit trails?

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...3_4540crx.aspx

My review as of about a month ago:

Fun little trail (only 1.5 miles maybe?). Basically a loop with stunts built all along the trail. A few drops ranging from 3 to 6-7ft. A few small doubles and other obstacle, but nothing like Santos. I had a blast, but I was already in town. I'm not sure it's worth a long drive....yet (I think their expanding it.) Here's a pic of the largest drop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like fun, I'm just not sure which trail I should ride. Sounds like either one is 2 miles max.. weak!

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Fruit trails are like less than a mile from where Pam lives and you could ride there from her house. The other is pretty far out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    Fruit trails are like less than a mile from where Pam lives and you could ride there from her house. The other is pretty far out of the way.

I guess that narrows it down then. I'll probably have some time to kill when I get there on the morning of the 22nd anyway, so if it's really close I'll prolly go there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

My friend rode DeLeon Springs last Friday and snapped some pics.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    that looks very fun!!!!
    don't sweat the petty things, and pet the sweaty things

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I rode here a week ago (those are my pics isol8d posted ) and have a few comments:

While the trail is kinda short, it is a great workout... I ride 10-20 miles at Santos regularly, and the 2+ miles here had me panting like a dog

The trail is not super well marked. There are no signs or indications you are going the right way or which part of the trail you are on (at least, none that i could see) so it can get a little confusing - bring a map!

There are a few places where the trail forks, but one side of it will dead end after about 100 yards or so. these can be a little frustrating, but in time, as the trail is broken in, they wont be an issue

I am hoping to visit JC (tried to after i rode it, but he wasn't in the shop that day) and see about adding some type of trail indicators... orange ribbons on trees or whatever...

Otherwise, i had a BLAST.. this place is fun for sure, has a much more BMX type feel to it, kinda XC mashed up with BMX.. and I am sure after its broken in a little more, it will be saving me gas money for the ride to Santos.

just my $0.02

mtbr member
    hey mike sorry i missed you at the shop. feel free to give me a call (386-216-2181)and we can talk about whatever you want to do out there. i know john has been putting up more and more orange tape on the trees lately. your right though they are forks and turns you could take that go out of the way. i went out there sunday in the am to work but it was so wet that i worked for a couple of hours and split out of there, but once it starts to stay light out longer those trails are going to be nice ill be out there everyday working.

Members who have read this thread: 0