Topeak-Ergon Racing

Croom 50/35 - Only 70 spots left

yeah, uh............bikes
    Looks cool. How's the terrrain for the ride? I've heard that Croom has it's share of sandy sections.......never been there so I don't know how true that is. I've done the Tour de Felasco (and doing it again in Jan.), how similar is the Croom ride??

Topeak-Ergon Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFish
    Looks cool. How's the terrrain for the ride? I've heard that Croom has it's share of sandy sections.......never been there so I don't know how true that is. I've done the Tour de Felasco (and doing it again in Jan.), how similar is the Croom ride??
    The whole state has it's share of sandy sections....more when it's dry, less when it rains. Typically Croom is great in the winter and spring and avoided during the summer and hunted in the fall & early winter. The course is all single track and very little over lap (a couple miles I believe). The food is great and the SWAMPers are good people.

Eddie O

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie O
    The whole state has it's share of sandy sections....more when it's dry, less when it rains. Typically Croom is great in the winter and spring and avoided during the summer and hunted in the fall & early winter. The course is all single track and very little over lap (a couple miles I believe). The food is great and the SWAMPers are good people.

Eddie O
    Sold, I'm in. Kinda strange that a Georgian (sp?) had to bring this up and not a Swamp Clubber, I usually only check their site when I'm heading to Alafia. Thanks for the heads up.

Topeak-Ergon Racing
    I have a lifetime SWAMP membership

Eddie O

mtbr member
    I'm goina sign up for it. Sounds like fun and I don't get to Croom that often.
    Floridas Other Crazy White Guy....http://www.swampclub.org/smf/index.php

Just ride
    Hmmm, sounds like fun...I've only ridden moto at the motored side of croom. Is it similar?
    You know what sucks worse than training? Losing.
    You know what sucks worse than losing? Nothing.

Ride on

Topeak-Ergon Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by skim1040
    Hmmm, sounds like fun...I've only ridden moto at the motored side of croom. Is it similar?
    The mtb trails cover many of the moto enduro trails of old. Most of these trails have been rehabbed and the whoops and big banked turns have been leveled off, the rolling hills and scenery are still there. There are still a few sections where you come across the whoops and can ride it like a pump track....good times.

Eddie O

Where is my mind?
    I've never been to Croom. How would it compare to say Santos or Alafia?
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

- Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclopod
    I've never been to Croom. How would it compare to say Santos or Alafia?
    There are some pretty good pictures of the trail on the SWAMP website. Looks more like Santos with the semi-sandy, pine-needle trails.
    http://homepage.mac.com/weseubank/PhotoAlbum49.html

I've never been there either, signed up about and hour ago.

mtbr member
    Croom has had a tendancy of being very different for the 3 times I've attended in a row....cloudy and cool....to Monsoon rains (9" the 24 previous hours) to 28 degrees and yet very similar as well, in that SWAMP Club always puts on a first class event. The food is ALWAYS good, the sag stops are well stocked, and the trails are alway(so far) in good shape ( although a little soggy that one year) The riding is varied in that the terrain for the most part is rolling with slight elevational changes with extended gradual climbs and downs for quick easy riding with some old mining pits thrown in for some steeper drops and climbs with some sections of old MX trails with whoop-de-doos ala pump track style if you can get in the rythmn of things. It's all singletrack and it's all within the Withlacoochee State Forest so the views and scenery are great and natural.

Make sure you hook up in an appropriate speed group so you can flow at your favorite pace. It IS singletrack and passing is tight in places and the groups can get big. You can pass groups at the sag stops if necessary.
    IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU'RE NOT RIDING (or building)!

Members who have read this thread: 0