Stop reading...go ride!!!

Chickasabogue Race/Velo Swap/Demo Day

Chickasabogue Mtn Bike Race March 9th, 2008. The plan is to make an entire event out of the weekend. Planning on a short track race on Saturday afternoon, as well as a tap contest(riders in an area, last one to not touch wins) on Saturday as well.
    Also like to get some input on how many people would be down with a Velo Swap on Saturday as well? Velo Swap is a huge event in Denver every year, and somewhere else i think? But you bring all your cycling gear your not using and try to sell it and hopefully pick up some cool stuff from someone else. A great way to pick up some good used/new gear and to clean out your closet.
    Also planning on haveing several bike shops out to demo different brand bikes as well as some of the outdoor gear stores in town, demo some of their kayaks, outdoor gear, etc...
    And whats a Mtn Bike weekend with out a good Micro-brew!!!
    Let me know what everyone thinks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Sounds awesome to me. Maybe the park would agree to reserve some of the campsites for the event for those who would like to camp.

I think the swap meet is an awesome idea. I've always wanted to go to one.

I also think the demos and getting stores like spoke and trail and AO involved is a great idea.

So, great ideas so far and thanks to Mobile Velo for getting it all together.

PM me if I can do anything.
    Last edited by soslow; 11-30-2007 at 07:59 PM.

What could go wrong ...
    I cant wait for the race series to start and the swap meet is a great idea
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

Members who have read this thread: 0