shocks, pegs... lucky!

any trail in hillsborough park area

I'm from Ft. Lauderdale and will be camping at Hillsborough River state park, Can anyone refer me to any good bike trails in the area?
    The kids love spinning their wheels... it's the best ;-)

shocks, pegs... lucky!
    btw they dont have to neccessarily be in the park

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

hey man

Hey Larry,
    You will be real close to Wilderness Park Trails(flat and sandy, nice trails though, pretty extensive with 3 trail systems. You are also within a half hour or so of Alafia and Boyette. All 3 are reviewed on this site with directions. If you only do 1, I would make it Alafia, but thats just an opinion.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    +2 for Alafia.
    2 nice twisty fun beginner trails River loop and Sand pine.

North creek is my favorite of the 3 intermediate trails, Then I head for rollercoaster (black diamond)

Rollercoaster starts off as a hard fast intermediate, Then gets more challenging by the end which works out perfect for my abilitys.

If thats not enough, Then go to moonscape (double black diamond)
    Not as tough as Gatorback, but gatorback has been closed for awhile.

Plenty of wildlife to be seen.

If you are bringing a girlfriend or wife & kids, Pick up river loop trail half way through North creek and have a quiet little picnic by the river... The mosquitos were bad the last week, Not as bad as Morris bridge though.

I believe you can also camp at Alafia but its a long way to a store.
    Last edited by oohsh_t; 10-18-2007 at 01:36 PM.
    If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing. --- W. Edwards Deming

shocks, pegs... lucky!

thanks

i guess alifia it is, but google is saying that its 52 minutes from hillsborough river state park..... am i getting bad directions?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

52 minutes might be correct

I just realized yesterday that I might be thinking of the wrong hillsborough River Park. There is a park on the hillsborough in Tampa, there is also a park by that name north of Tampa. 52 minutes would be right from there. You might want to check the northern trails like Santos and see how far it is. 52 minutes to Alafia and 115 minutes to Santos, I would choose Santos. Sorry for the mix up. If you end up doing Alaffia, post up if you want a tour guide.

shocks, pegs... lucky!

already hit it

I ended up hitting it on Saturday with my buddy, didn't have a guide, we just followed the map that we got at the ranger station, Had a blast! I do think I'll be planning another drive up in the near future.
    did the two green trails, rock garden, bridges, and bunny ears... was pretty tired by the time i got to roller coaster so we skipped it, but hey, now i have a reason to comeback.
    Thanks to everyone for their input

Members who have read this thread: 0